• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Question on my tegus poop ???

dragonqueen4

5 Year Member
I just got my tegu (32inches) a little over a week ago. His poop is extremely smelly... like really really bad.. and its really runny. It was a clear and white colored liquid he released today.. and it smelled bad. Has anyone seen this before? My first guess is parasites ?

k412

5 Year Member
The runny part would concern me also. The rest sounds fairly normal to me, then again I'm new to this species.
I would do a fecal just to be safe.

jntann

5 Year Member
Hi sometimes mine just pee's there is a whiteish yellow pee sack that comes out with it. and when it poop's it looks like a small dogs poop that is wet and most of the time it does both together. I mostly feed mine mice . but if you feed it something else it will look abit different. but it always smells. my tegu is 41 inches long..

bubbategu2

5 Year Member
All carnivores have smelly poop. And the white "sack" is probably sperm and the white and yellow are urates (pee) But by all means, if you're concerned, you should get a fecal done. It's not that expensive and they will test for parasites which should be done at least once a year anyway.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
This could also depend on the diet, eggs can cause a very smelly loose stool as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029