• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Questions about my new B/W Col. Tegu

paul0723

ok i just bought my b/w col. tegu 2 days ago and i know nothing abou them other they look and act kool anyways i was wondering cause i just went out and bought it i also purchased these items for him.
4.oz Flunker's calcium:phosphorus also containing d-3
4.oz Flunker's reptile vitamin with beta cartotene and has d3 supplement in it
1 infrared exo terra heat glow 120v 60hz 75w (Basking Light)
1 exo terra repti glo 10.0 uvb light
1 bag of cypress mulch
1 10gal aquarium w/ screen top
water bowl food bowl
1 pinky rat and 10 crickets to see what he likes to eat
2 clamp lamps

he likes boiled eggs so far but here is the think is stays burrowed under the mulch whyyy???? :twisted: i want him to wake up and move around so we can see him.
Please let me know if he will need anything else i will also add some pics of him later after i get him up as i do not wanna disturb him. i also have been hearing that d3 calcium is bad for them is this true?

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
FIRST OF ALL WELCOME ABOARD! to answer your ?'s, 1st he is hiding because everything is new to him and he wants to feel secure, does he have a cave to hide in? 2cd add more to his diet like ground turkey, chicken, beef/chicken liver, telapia (all fed raw) super worms, wax worms, and meal worms should work, 3rd the calcium w/d3 isnt nessisarily bad but you can over do it which can cause poisoning. i myself use the calcium w/d3 for my reptiles however i also use pure calcium w/o d3. i just lightly dust all there food w/o bones lightly with the calcium w/d3 and a bit more with the pure calcium. 4th i would have in at least a 20gal. he will grow out of that 20 gal long very fast!hope this helps you out.

paul0723

yea the 10 gal is very temp until i finish putting the doors on the front of the custom cage but thanks for the help with the calcium issue alot of information with tegus are very diffrent from person to person..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu