• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Quick custom enclosure question!!!

jmiles50

5 Year Member
I'm actually building Asami's new enclosure right now, and I had a quick question before I continue. I was doing 6x3x3, but I'm wondering if I should go 4 ft high instead of 3ft? Just so I can have a little over a foot of burrowing room, and I could still have about 3 ft of open space to adjust temps and such :?:

artist

5 Year Member
it is your decision, but it may be difficult to keep up temps and humidity with a higher enclosure, and you can still have 1 foot of substrate for it with 3 feet. if i am not mistaken, aren't the heat and UVB lamps supposed to be about two feet above the tegu-or 12 inches?
i don't know, but i would go with 3 feet because i think that it would be easier to manage and heat and keep the humidity up.
(i will be building an enclosure that will be 7 ft by 3 ft by 3 ft)

jmiles50

5 Year Member
Cool, thanks for the advise :!: We've stuck with the 6x3x3, so we'll see. I've been taking pics all day :!: I'll get them up as soon as we're done :roon

omgtaylorg

5 Year Member
No need for 4 ft high, mines 3 ft high, otherwise its impossible to get through a front or back door unless its staying in the garage...but I have almost a foot of burrowing room, not even, I just lay a piece of plywood down on the substrate, and mine ALWAYS goes under that, hes got a permanent burrow, so he doesnt even dig anywhere else in the cage, 1ft of substrate is pointless, for me anyways. ive got an 8x4x3 and you can see the pics on here somewhere but if i were to put 1ft of substrate, thats 16 bags of cypress...um no way am I doing that :D but yes 6x3x3 is fine. PM me with any other questions I just finished my tank a month or so ago so...

COWHER

5 Year Member
I went with the 4 foor option and cut a foot off it after a few months. the issue wan my uv lighting. look at your lights they usually say a range of max efficiency Most of my uv comes from a basking light and I also built a little cliff that she climbs and gets closer to the reptisun

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoritoDan