• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Red Tegu for sale.

tjohnson722

The husband wants the red tegu gone. I got him to agree to 6 weeks. Rage still wants nothing to do with us, hisses, tailwhips, tries to bite us everyday. In fact its gotten worse. I've tried t-shirt trick, taking him out to eat, sitting with him every night. Its gotten worse. Husband is making me sell Rage. Unless I pull a miracle out of my hat.

If anyone is interested in him. Tip of tail is a regrowth, and the ends of his toes are missing from his right claw. Asking 200. I'm in Cincinnati.

P.S. I've never shipped anything. And picture is when he was shedding.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1364507865989.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1364507865989.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 74

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
Reptastic are you thinking if a she maybe moody because wanting to nest or whatever to lay eggs? Just curious. I know my bearded got weird and started digging up everything then laid eggs :) she had no male with her just laid eggs

tjohnson722

The guy I got him from said He had him probed, and they said male. If I could fix her and even show some improvement, he would let me keep him.

BatGirl1 said:
Reptastic are you thinking if a she maybe moody because wanting to nest or whatever to lay eggs? Just curious. I know my bearded got weird and started digging up everything then laid eggs :) she had no male with her just laid eggs

He has been digging in corners a lot. Digs down 5" of cypress straight to the wood. We put a plastic lid in with him he bangs it up against sides. Cage itself is 8x4x4. Uva/uvb light hot spot at 110. He gets up at 3pm lights on at noon. Sleep by 3am with lights off at midnight. Eats every evening.

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
That is a huge possibility but not for egg laying purposes, what it is is he or she is hitting her first season and is sexually maturing ie tegu puberty, hes having mood swings and tryimg to process every thing and when you come along and bother him lol, we all go through it some get it worst than others, my suggestion is to keep handling to a bare minimum only handling when needed ie bath time and feeding, this will help out a bit, idk if its just a red thing but with tegu pubery I gpt ot the worst from my red male especially since I had 2 female tegus in the same room, he calmed down a bit after a few mos but I never got to know if he would be docile like my b/w's

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
I have no experience with tegu behaviors as far as egg laying etc. That's why i asked. Just know how my bearded acted and the folks at zoocreatures said their female gets grouchy at the breeding/laying time. Just a thought. :)

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Oh they can get down right nasty during that time lol especially if they are nesting and have eggs, but the tegu pictured is way to small to be carrying follicles (if Its a she)

tjohnson722

If that's true then ill keep him. It makes perfect sense. We put a ball in there for him to get angry with. So keep everything to a minimum for a month or two? Then try to take him.

He likes me more than my husband. He charges at him, hisses, he hates my husband. He lets me touch him when the husband isn't in the same room. I don't know if this matters.

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I take it that you are the one who do the feeding and bonding? During puberty my male tegu hated everyome except me, when outside if a stranger walked past he would do his tegu dace of death lol, I say yeah give him a lil time and space, tell your husband to just try sitting innfront of his enclosure for a few mins everyday, this should help him to stop seeing your husband as a threat, but make sure he dosnt try to interact with him just sit there and ignore him

tjohnson722

Ill do that. He does the dance of death as you call it everytime the husbands around. Ill have him start outside the enclosure, then work his way inside. I do have a question, he won't eat outside his enclosure. Is it that imperative I do this?

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
I promised myself to only feed niles in feeding bin. Since up from hibernation he wouldn't eat in it, just tried to climb out. So started feeding on plate in enclosure. Licked it if put right under nose and will only eat meat from tongs now. I guess what I'm saying is, whatever is 'working ' for your tegu is probably what's best. I read all about 'food aggression ' and to never feed in cage and not even let tegu see your hand near food. However, some members say this has never been a problem for them and i personally want niles to eat. Period. :) so...

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
My tegus see me bring food all the times, I really never b had an issue before I even feed in the enclosure sometimes

tjohnson722

Right now I won't worry about it. I'm going to put stuff for him to play and beat to death in his enclosure today. See if that helps.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu