• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Reptile Expos

Dubya

1,000+ Post Club
BatGirl1 said:
Dubya I don't want a n.y.beach hognose...bunch of snobs with their turned up noses. Haha. Jk. :) I'm hoping to see something 'different '...I've been looking online at the different colors. But I don't want to pay 'too ' much. I'll have to see what I see. Maybe you and the wife can help me choose one :)

D, you know more about snakes than me. If a snobby NY hognose snake ended up in my yard, though, would you want it?

j.sawyer48

I picked binx up for 450 because he is a juvenile the care is easy as said above very cool thow I would deff suggest one here is a video I made a few mins ago handling him you can here him whistle at me
http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=plcp&v=7AXhH2t4q8w

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
Re: RE: Reptile Expos

Dubya said:
BatGirl1 said:
Dubya I don't want a n.y.beach hognose...bunch of snobs with their turned up noses. Haha. Jk. :) I'm hoping to see something 'different '...I've been looking online at the different colors. But I don't want to pay 'too ' much. I'll have to see what I see. Maybe you and the wife can help me choose one :)

D, you know more about snakes than me. If a snobby NY hognose snake ended up in my yard, though, would you want it?

Dubya are you being serious? I thought the hognose were very dry desert and really hot climate? Hmmm. Crazy. I want a BABY though. What is the likelihood of babies? ... hmmmmm

MyHandsome

I went to the long island expo this weekend and although I love them I have to say I think it's a bit strange that some vendors are selling $30 baby tegus and monitors to anyone who asks. Multiple times I saw young boys alone asking for a monitor, handing over money and receiving the animal... I just thought it's a bit strange that they don't ask you anything to see if you know how to care for them or anything.. Just my thoughts on them..

Dirkthejerk41

Yeah I totally agree. I knew what I was getting into when I got my Colombian at an expo, and I asked many questions as well, but I see what you mean... they had $20 hatchling Nile monitors.... lol.... so cute and little but im sure most people dont know they get massive!

j.sawyer48

I wonder the same thin the place I got my tegu did not give me the right info to take care her. Sayin I don't need a temp gadge for humidity when that is a major part of Gus shedding good thing I found this website lol

MyHandsome

My friend got a Tortus from there and the guy said one thing for care because we asked, got home and looked up just to double check and he was completely wrong. He happened to be one of the guys selling the monitors and tegus.

Dirkthejerk41

yeah I don't think half of them know what they are talking about. Oh well, my tegu seems to be happy and he is chillin out nicely. Today he chilled on the bed with me after doing his business in the bathroom for about 30 mintues without freaking out. He'll sit still and let me scratch his head or belly. He's about 13 inches now, growing fast!

j.sawyer48

Almika is still in hibernation she's been sleeping forever lol can't wait for the summer I hate winter friken New England. Miss my tegu just hanging out with me havnt measured her but she is at Lear 3ft

Dirkthejerk41

lol glad I don't have to deal with hibernation with my colombian. I will probably get an arg one day though, especially if this colombian thing doesn't work out, but so far so good!

j.sawyer48

That's awesome good to hear almika never showed any aggression either just alil flighty when picking up out of the tank. But now she's a big gurl and just walks out of her enclosure.

Dirkthejerk41

yeah Antonis gets nervous sometimes when i first try to get him out of the tank, not always, but more often than not. today he did great, though!

Dubya

1,000+ Post Club
BatGirl1 said:
Dubya said:
BatGirl1 said:

Dubya are you being serious? I thought the hognose were very dry desert and really hot climate? Hmmm. Crazy. I want a BABY though. What is the likelihood of babies? ... hmmmmm
Yes. I am serious.

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
Yes i saw the link you sent me. Wow! They are eastern hognose. I think the ones I'll find at expo are western. A trained eye can tell the difference by the little cowboy hats ... ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu