• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Rodents?

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
i feed nero one small to medium rat twice a week and achilles gets two pinks twice a week

Jefroka

5 Year Member
Beauregard never really cared much for rodents, he likes his staple just fine but I do offer him a mouse now and again. He'll eat one or two a week max, but passes on them some weeks entirely.

...Jefroka

rrcoolj

5 Year Member
When he was up I fed my tegu once a week. Just curious if people fed thier once or twice a week. I've never had a problem feeding my tegu he eats whtever I put in fron of him. He's like a scaly garbage disposal.

Toby_H

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
My 1.75 year old female eats about half mice and half ground turkey...

I feed my girl thawed out frozen hairless mice...

A couple of times a year my fishbreeding hobby produces a large number of 2~4" fish that are used as food for her...

I read that until full grown Tegus should eat every day... once grown every other day is fine. My girl is tame as one could imagine when well fed, and aggressive when not well fed. I feed her daily... when she is awake...

Also, just to mention... Age or size information would make several of the above posts much more valuable.

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
nero prefers the rodents, and now has come to recognize the bag i get from the feed store and somehow must know whats inside because he gets restless and will claw on my pants leg or if the bag is within his reach he goes nuts over the bag trying to get inside. i think its because i have the rats prekilled so when i get them home they are fresh and he can smell them

rrcoolj

5 Year Member
Mine is very smal only about 14in. Mines was also getting fish in his diet once a week because it's so convenient for me. I gave him a live hybrid african cichlid and he had a ball tearing the thing apart. I will definatly feed him some more live fish in the future. But mostly I feed the healthy fish like tuna and salmon.

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
rrcoolj said:
Mine is very smal only about 14in. Mines was also getting fish in his diet once a week because it's so convenient for me. I gave him a live hybrid african cichlid and he had a ball tearing the thing apart. I will definatly feed him some more live fish in the future. But mostly I feed the healthy fish like tuna and salmon.

nero loves telapia and salmon i really dont think that there is a food item that she wont go nuts over except maybe the fruits and veggies

TanMan57

5 Year Member
My tegu Zero will eat ANYTHING that smells like food. Or looks like it to him, and he eats medium adult mice twice a week but three a day when he does.

rrcoolj

5 Year Member
TanMan57 said:
My tegu Zero will eat ANYTHING that smells like food. Or looks like it to him, and he eats medium adult mice twice a week but three a day when he does.
How big is Zero?

TanMan57

5 Year Member
rrcoolj said:
TanMan57 said:
How big is Zero?
Well I would like to say 33 or 34 inches. But he just finished shedfing yesterday.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980