• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

sand monitor?

Terry

5 Year Member
You would have to find a breeder. There not cheap. Also you have to be more specific. What are you wanting varanus gouldi flavirufus or varanus gouldi gouldi. Either are going to run you $600-1000 american. Leave them to the more experienced keepers.

TeguKid80

5 Year Member
Not necessarily there was and maybe is one for $200 from Reptile Depot or Prehistoric pets or something.

fredrick

5 Year Member
Any 1 no were 2 get 1. And I have dealed with monitors b4 I watched my friends nile monitor 4 about a year well he got his stuff rite

argus333

5 Year Member
so u want a sand monitor and a lace monitor? and u watched a nile. u must be rich and have endless amounts of room.

fredrick

5 Year Member
No I don't have a lot of room. I watched the nile when I had no other lizards. And I want a lace and a sand monitor. But I have to chose out of those 2. And if ur not going to helo answer my qustions then I would rather u keep ur thoughts to ur self ok.

argus333

5 Year Member
i said nothing wrong u are asking about 2 of the most expensive monitors on earth. i would think u would have a little more experience then a nile monitor. my interests are only in the keeping of the lizards.

fredrick

5 Year Member
I have seen a lace monitor for $450 and someone told me I could get a sand monitor for $200.so y r u saying the are so much?

Wil

5 Year Member
Sand goannas will run you between $400-$600 as hatchlings. And I haven't seen a lacie juvie advertised for quite some time. I know of one person who has adults and hatched out the one that was advertised in the enclosure. He didn't even know she had laid eggs. And yes Lace monitors do get big!
If you are basing all of your experience off from one nile monitor than you may want to do a little more research before getting one. Varanids are great and rewarding when you know what your doing.
So just my humble opinion, out of the lizards you listed on your want list.
Instead of one of these:
_DSC0477.jpg

Maybe you should get one of these:
DSC_0223.jpg

But before getting anything, make sure you have done your homework.

TeguKid80

5 Year Member
Hahaha I'll take 5 they don't need that much cage space by the way. For real, to prove my point adult male tame sand monitor for $200... <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.reptileguru.com/detail.aspx?ID=1007" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.reptileguru.com/detail.aspx?ID=1007</a><!-- m -->

Terry

5 Year Member
It doent say tame at all in the add. No monitor is tame. This forum is kinda misleading some aspects of monitors. The guy your talking about that hatched the laces is John, I have talked to him many time over the interenet.

I dont think this guy has any bussiness owning any monitor. I would suggest going with the blue tegu.

Wil

5 Year Member
I knew who it was that hatched out the lacie. I wasn't going to give any info that could be searched in any way.
And by the way it does say tame in the description of the add. Tame is a very loose term that is thrown around.

TeguKid80

5 Year Member
And it does say tame I am not saying that they are right. I saw the animal in person a few months ago, it looks very healthy.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu