• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

scams>

frost

1,000+ Post Club
hey everyone. i was wondering if their is any threads on here about the types of scams people do.im asking because i got someone to buy one of my animals but i have a bad feeling about the person and was trying to figure out how this person might be trying to scam me or w/e else this person is up to.

got10

Ask about the person on here if need be. And just make sure you get your money first BEFORE you send off the animal/s.

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Yes, share here and everywhere if it is a real scam. There was a thread here about a recent scam regrading tegus.

http://www.tegutalk.com/showthread.php?tid=11497#axzz1x1R1gST6

frost

1,000+ Post Club
the persons email was [email protected] me some speal about it being a present for her sons birthday party and said she was sending someone to pick it up after i got the check from her.her grammar was extremely bad and she was trying to send me more money than i asked for. i feel kinda stupid letting it go as far as it did. im a little to trusting =/

larissalurid

frost said:
the persons email was [email protected] me some speal about it being a present for her sons birthday party and said she was sending someone to pick it up after i got the check from her.her grammar was extremely bad and she was trying to send me more money than i asked for. i feel kinda stupid letting it go as far as it did. im a little to trusting =/

O.O well the great news is that you ended up finding out it was a scam before sending the poor lizard to them! Very glad to hear about that at least.

got10

But the thing is you caught it in time. I got over on a pair of "scummers" that were trying to sell my son MY OWN lizards ,using pics from the guy i bought them from originally .

I just tried to get a response from the email address. It is no longer in service . i guess you scared her off . good job

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
It can happen to anyone, don't feel bad, Frost. You know it's red flag when someone is trying to give you more money. Herpers are always trying to get the price lower haha.

frost

1,000+ Post Club
yeah im glad i got suspicious and asked around. the person was trying to send me a fake check so it would affect my bank account.at least that what the person i talked to said it was. and it sucks because i need to sell the little guy since i need to down size my collection.=/

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu