• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Sexing a Columbian

Joshjack90

I have a full grown Columbian and would like to know how to tell if it is a male or female. I cal it a "HE" and named "HIM" Ziggy, but i would like to see if i can tell for sure the sex.

tora

The same way you tell the gender on Argentines. Post a pic and we can tell you for sure.
Males have big jowls (cheeks) and bumps on either side of the vent. Females have a streamline head and no bumps.

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Pics would help :) but like previously stated also look for jowls and what looks and feels like little buttons or pimples under the vent,.. one on each side. Depending on how big or thick their tail is you can see them from the side. With out having to pick them up or turn him over.
Here's a few pics for a visual

IMGP1909.jpg

IMGP1906.jpg

IMGP1910.jpg

IMGP1913-1.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029