• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

SHED AND WEIRD BEHAVIOR.....

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Well first of all let me tell you this is neros first shed in about 3 months. so nero came out of her hide today and was in mid shed, but her behavior has been horrible today. she refused food all day and only wanted to drink water. i gave her 2 warm soaks and she fought me all the way! i took her outside to poop and she was seemingly nervous (could have been because because its gloomy out getting ready to storm) she was very active walking all over the yard tongue flicking very rapidly. i took her back in and she just basked still refusing food(a rat, telapia, and chicken breast her favorites) she ended up getting into achilles enclosure(she jumped off my shoulder while i was misting him down) i took her out and she frantically tried to get back in! i even tried pulling some of the shed from around her toes she was not to happy about the whole ordeal.. and she showed it heaving breathing and hissing and she even snapped at me earlier! geeesh i never went through a shed with her like this before. i know she was irritated because she frantically rubbed against everything and scratching with her back legs trying to get the shed fom off her head! heres hoping for a better tomorrow!

IMAGE_003.jpg

sclevenger08

5 Year Member
My little guy is going through that too. Its his first shed since he came out of hibernation and he is so nasty and nervous... Its crazy.

jmwgibson56

5 Year Member
Reptar started waking up on his own just this past week, and i totally noticed a mood swing. at first when he was awake, id open the cage and it was like a flip switched. he ran across his enclosure and huffed and puffed. now when i open his enclosure he just eyes me down and i just lay my hand in front of him and he arches up. but i can get him and he is quite relaxed. hes in the middle of his first shed since hibernation (dude had a flap off his back that looked like a cape, can you say Supertegu?) gave him a good soak, and tried to feed him some of this zoomed monitor diet i have. He refused that and just kept crawling out of his feeding bin. i came home later with a half pound of ground telapia and boy did he change his mind! Reptar got all nice a fat and basked.
I had him out for some chill time and he was on my lap while i was watching Lie To Me (awesommeee show!) im sitting there (wearing this button down long sleeve) and he just gets this burst of energy and springs to my sleeve and just starts crawling right up in side there. haha. cracked me up. he layed there for a good 10 minutes in the refuge space between my arm and sleeve. I think this whole getting a tegu deal is going to work out justttt fine, especially with a cool little guy like reptar. thanks for hearing me out!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu