• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Show of Hands: Who's hatchlings are hibernating?

HorseCaak

5 Year Member
Just wondering who's hatchlings are hibernating, slowing down, or neither. I haven't seen mine in a few days and prior to that, she definitely had slowed down a bit on eating and staying awake and basking in the day time.

:bud
Please share and continue this topic.
Thanks.

-BLAIR

HorseCaak

5 Year Member
Here are some pics of her just a couple days ago when I last saw her...
Her name is DoubleDip
She is a Roy and Sky hatchling of June 21, 2009.
Any siblings out there...?

photo2-1.jpg

photo3-1.jpg

MacBook Love
photo5.jpg

photo.jpg

photo4-1.jpg

:bud

-BLAIR

AWD247

5 Year Member
I have a 09 Extreme from Blizard & Sugar "Vegeta" whos been missing in action since a day or after these pics from last week.

1021.jpg

10211.jpg

10210.jpg

TanMan57

5 Year Member
Here is Zero hes about to be out for the winter. Hes only up for about an hour a day. Hes about 22" and from jam and whitey

Picture121.jpg

Picture137.jpg

Picture132.jpg

Picture131.jpg

Picture130.jpg

txrepgirl

5 Year Member
My All American hatchling Venus and my powder blue/red hybrid has been hibernating for a while now.My blue/red hybrid ( the brother ) is comming out every day for hours and is eating well.My two b/w slowed down with everything and come out just every other day.

HorseCaak

5 Year Member
Good posts and pics everyone!
I've just come to notice how many of the most recent posted topics are about hibernating. Sounds like lots of questions going around.
Who else has some hibernating or slowing down Tegu's?

-BLAIR

Dvdh1

5 Year Member
Bumblebee is a june 29, 2009 baby and will be 4 months old on Thursday. He is a eating machine going strong with no signs of slowing down. He is about 32" long. I will have pics up in a few days

wyattroa

5 Year Member
Mine has only been coming out for about 2 hours each morning and going back in.. not eating anything.. Im about to just turn the lights off all together. Has not ate anything either.
robert

rrcoolj

5 Year Member
My little guy Riley has been under for like a month now. Good to see mines isn't the only one who has gotten massive :).

IMGP0533.jpg

IMGP0535.jpg

IMGP0555.jpg

IMGP0556.jpg

IMGP0561.jpg

IMGP0568.jpg

AWD247

5 Year Member
Vegeta has been down for about 3 months now, should I be checking up on him, how long will he be under?? Im always replacing the water and checking for signs of movement but never see anything out of order.

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
my female tegu refused to hibernate even though i let the temps drop to like 60 for 3 days she was still up she just didnt eat much now that temps are back up shes back pigging out hopefuly my new male thats coming tuesday will hibernate lol she already past 3' and is only 5 1/2 mo. i cant handle 2 big tegus so soon lol jk but bobby said their only like 18-21" so maybe he will go back down once he gets here i dont get im in chicago were winter is really cold and my gu wont hibernate but others like bobby live in florida were its warmer and their gu's went down lol this is one weird tegu lol

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purplewombat