• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Show off your Colombians :)

SnakeCharmr728

5 Year Member
"Little T." my only colombian, although Laurafl's Chester used to be mine...
IMG_0893jpeg.jpg

Would he be considered a b/w or gold???

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Here's my NatGeo photography work, lol.

I have determined that Chester will not be photographed, except when he sat still and pottied on my Pergo floor. thx Chester.

Oreo, prob WC female about 7yo
oreo12.jpg

oreoface12.jpg

Chester, male age unknown, from SnakeCharmr
chesterface12.jpg

chesterblur.jpg

Chester12.jpg

I had them out feeding. All the pictures I have of them is of them eating when they are still. I was trying to get something different. But he walked around, ate, peed on the floor (got a photo of that), and then crawled under the sofa to sleep under the blankets in the corner. For a terrifying Colombian, he's awfully boring! He just kept trying to crawl on me. :) Now you know why I never post pictures. ;)

SnakeCharmr728

5 Year Member
LOL Chester, oh how I miss him but I am so glad I get to keep up with him through you.
These were some "still" shots I got of him during his time with me...
IMG_1250.jpg

IMG_1213.jpg

IMG_1209.jpg

IMG_1190.jpg

and one time he escaped, and i found him sleeping inside my bag with my ice skates
IMG_1504.jpg

IMG_1505.jpg

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
He's so cute! His weight is down a bit. He goes through periods of eating vs not eating, probably depending on how much he is thinking about Oreo. ;)

dragonmetalhead

1,000+ Post Club
nessanicolle said:
Do Colombians jet the jowls like the Argentines?

They do have jowls, just not the giant, swollen masses of muscle the Argentines do. They don't stick out too much except when your tegu is laying flat on the ground, then they splay a bit to the sides but again not nearly to the extent of the Argentines'. I have found the jowl/chin is a good place to give your tegu a nice scratch.

SnakeCharmr728 said:
"Little T." my only colombian, although Laurafl's Chester used to be mine...
IMG_0893jpeg.jpg

Would he be considered a b/w or gold???

Based on the color, I'd guess gold. All the baby black and whites I've seen haven't looked nearly that yellow. Pretty little guy.

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
^^^ Just Colombian not a gold. I don't agree with or use the b&w term with Colombians as most on here know. But it looks similar to Mila when she was little before all the black spots came in. Plus the leg pattern is more consistent with Colombians than Golds.

IMGP2346.jpg

Diablo

5 Year Member
There are about 3 or 4 baby columbians in a crowded 20g tank at my local reptile shop...if I didn't have a baby argentine coming I would have one of those asap. They're 80$ each, but they look so nice. And I feel really bad at how cramped they looked in their cage:/

DavidRosi

Diablo said:
There are about 3 or 4 baby columbians in a crowded 20g tank at my local reptile shop...if I didn't have a baby argentine coming I would have one of those asap. They're 80$ each, but they look so nice. And I feel really bad at how cramped they looked in their cage:/

I'm so glad I never have to see that kind of thing here in the UK. You'd be lucky to a single Colombian in a reptile store, let alone a whole nest in a small tank. Hope they find loving homes soon !

p.s. Some new pictures of my little lad coming soon :)

gummibear

My Achilles, I've had him since May. My husband got him instead of an Argentine for my birthday and despite reading how they are supposed to be all skittish and what not, Achilles is awesome (even though he is still always hiding lol)

Attachments

• Achilles Aug.jpg
    Achilles Aug.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 24
  • Achilles Aug2.jpg
    Achilles Aug2.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 22

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members