• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

signs of parasites?

preston897

well as you know i just got my first tegu. he is an import. after all the money ive spent on cages and lights and food and him im slightly short on money at the moment. what are some signs that he could have parasites that i should watch out for? i do plan on taking him to my vet in the near future as soon as i have some more moeny. but is there anything that i need to watch out for that would constitute an emergency?

TEGU_JAKE

5 Year Member
your tegu might have parasites if you notice it eating less and look at its stool to see if it looks different

preston897

ok i will look at his poop closely. so far he seems to be eating well. he eats about a teaspoon of turkey when i feed it to him. i think thats alot seeing that he is only like 6 in. long. and when i feed him crickets he eats like 16 of them. so far he has only had one really good poop in the three days i have had him. he took it in the bath. it looked good and solid. but he has popped out urates quite alot

preston897

yea he seems good to me right now. but i will keep an eye on him. i am glad with the one i picked. he is not shy he is very active and super clumsy.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu