• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Similis (spotted tree) Monitor

Marlene

5 Year Member
Does anyone have any care info for them? I am planning on purchasing one for my herpetologist buddy up north, but I will have to take care of it for a few months before I bring it up there. So I need some care sheets, google has failed me. I know where they are from, I'm not sure whether this individual is c/b or w/c, but it was purchased from Ben Siegel. It comes with its enclosure and other neccessities, so if anyone could direct me to a nice care sheet or something that would be great!

Marlene

5 Year Member
Well, my buddy can't afford the monitor right now, so I'm not going to be buying it... But is anyone can find some info, I am curious about their captive care!

Beazer

5 Year Member
From my understanding they are simliar care to Timor Monitors. Definitely interesting monitors.

-Jon DeLong

dicy

5 Year Member
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.monitor-lizards.net/frames.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.monitor-lizards.net/frames.html</a><!-- m --> look in odatri
they r the australian version of v timorensis but i heard less shy pretty cool animals i sugest u buy a pair :mrgreen:

Marlene

5 Year Member
I would love a pair of Similis, but I have no room/money for one right now. They are awesome looking monitors!

From all the info I found, everything just leads me to the Timors' caresheets. I do believe one site even went so far as to say they are the same species at one point in time.

That one Similus that I found for sale was GORGEOUS! He was very healthy, well, fat, is what I should say, lol. Oh well, when I move into a house and have a job that actually pays up front/bi-monthly, I'm fairly certain that I'll be buying a breeding pair.

s4sainz

DSC_0199-1.jpg

DSC_0204-1.jpg

DSC_0202-1.jpg

DSC_0200-1.jpg

DSC_0205.jpg

Theese guys are very aggressive, i think they are a lil over rated, nothing really too special about them, they are very similar to timors, and they are typically aggressive, and they bite extremely hard, ive been biten by the 2 i had. 99.9% of the are WC adults, babies are rare

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029