• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Smelly Ears?

hanniebann

5 Year Member
Hey there, just curious to know if anyone has noticed their tegu's ears smell a little funny? This may sound gross, but the only thing I can compare it to is the smell of uncleaned ear gauges, or unclean piercings in general. Just wondering if it is possible to clean them safely? Or if this is a sign that my 'gu is sick?
Thanks!
-Hannah

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
A bath or swim, and it might not be his ears it may be bacteria in the corner folds of his mouth. Or just bacterial growth on his head from feeding when they get messy.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I second what bubblz says. Who knows where the odor could be coming from. A bath in some nice clean water might help dissolve some of the nasties off :p ;)

apocalypse910

Yeah there is a really good chance it is the corner of his mouth - It can smell absolutely terrible especially leading up to a shed. A good bath should do the trick.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu