• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Snake Skin

Compnerd7

Yesterday, a friend of mine who is a pool cleaner found a drown baby Rattlesnake :-/. So, he brought the snake to me today, and I skinned my first snake. It was incredibly easy, the absolutely easiest thing I have ever skinned. I would have cooked and eaten the meat if it wasn't over 24 hours old and soaking in chlorine water for that entire time. Anyways, instead of just leaving a rotting corpse I now have a beautiful snake skin and tiny rattle. Too bad he / she wasn't just a little bit longer I could use him / her as a nice hat band. Anyone have any suggestions on what to make the snake skin after it's finished cured and tanned?

snake1.jpg

snake2.jpg

snake3.jpg

On a side note, I found a very pretty fence lizard yesterday as well, very unrelated story but I thought i'd share a pic.

Lizard.jpg

dragonmetalhead

1,000+ Post Club
Necklace strap? Wristband? Keychain of some sort? I don't know what you can do with so little hide to work with.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029