• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

So I finally got a Colombian

RehabRalphy

5 Year Member
I went to the reptile show this weekend and picked up a Colombian tegu. They had 1 Argentine at the show they were trying to sell for $200 (wth?!). My old lady loved the looks of this Colombian tegu so I offered $20 and they took it. Extremely tame tegu off the start and a great eater. We'll see how things go using the same techniques that I use for the Argentines.

DSC00653.jpg

ashesc212

5 Year Member
Congrats on both the tegu and the CWD! It'll be interesting to see if the Columbian ends up as tame or nearly as tame as an Argentine in your care. Good luck!

RehabRalphy

5 Year Member
Oh currently hes in a 20L with a 100w Powersun MVB. 2 hides, basking spot, and a water bowl.

A new larger cage is in the build as we speak!

ZEKE

5 Year Member
RehabRalphy said:
Colombian (colombian's are golds are the same, its just a color variance)

i know they are both Colombian. but is it a gold or a black/white Colombian?

Beasty

5 Year Member
:idea:
I have heard that Colombian B&W are not as aggressive as Colombian Golden tegus. Visually they do seem to be the same but just a color variance and scientifically they are named the same BUT would that be like saying that an Argentine B&W is a Blue is a Red is an Extreme they're all just color variances?
:chin Food for thought...

I hope it stays nice for you at any rate. Better you than me, I don't like Colombians. I had a "crack monster" crazy :crazy gold one get airborne trying to eat me once. Nope! Not me! :grno

BOOZER

5 Year Member
yeah i've owned a golden tegu starting at 7" and it was on the attack right off. but calmed down in later years.good times though!!!

OTTO

5 Year Member
hi I'm new, first Im from Puerto Rico and I don know very good how to write in engli so sorry for the bads word. Don't be afraid if it is agresive,don show to him any fear for it, on the contrary try to carry. I dont have a lot of xperience....but I do the best I can

thnks for make me part of these

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980