• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

So where'd you get your Tegu?

Sci

Like it says. I'm just curious if the majority of you got them from an online dealer or a private breeder.

I've been looking into squirting an Argentine B&W for some time. Any recommendations?

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
My three are FL WCs from Tegusonly. Wouldn't trade'm for nuttin'!

Konrad

Mine came from snakes at sunset. Do not even consider then, what you order is not what you get. The old bait and switch.

ophidia

Mine came from Underground Reptiles. The transaction went well, she was well packed, and nice and plump and perfect. They followed up via email and with a phone call to make sure she was doing well and I was happy. I'd recommend them.

Sci

Mine came from Underground Reptiles. The transaction went well, she was well packed, and nice and plump and perfect. They followed up via email and with a phone call to make sure she was doing well and I was happy. I'd recommend them.

I was considering purchasing mine from them. However the availability of 'em seems to be far and few between. What about backwater reptiles? Anyone have experience with them?

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I was considering purchasing mine from them. However the availability of 'em seems to be far and few between. What about backwater reptiles? Anyone have experience with them?
There is a site called faunaclassfied. It has a Board of Inquiry (BOI), where people post their reviews, including efforts to rectify issues with vendors.. Sometimes the other way around. You could look up potential vendors, read the reviews, and maybe have a better idea of them.

ophidia

It looks like UG still has reds and chacos available (I got a chaco). I haven't ordered anything from Backwater Reptiles, but I've read a lot of horror stories about them, and seen lots of bad reviews. Take that for what it's worth :).

Sci

It looks like UG still has reds and chacos available (I got a chaco). I haven't ordered anything from Backwater Reptiles, but I've read a lot of horror stories about them, and seen lots of bad reviews. Take that for what it's worth :).
I'm really looking for an Argentine B&W.

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Well, no expos are in Oregon. Using kingsnake.com, saw a few in Washington state. My suggestion is to check out expos in neighboring states by searching kingsnake.com 'upoming events', then do some homework on the vendors that might have tegus, or call them and ask.

I can speak directly to Tegusonly in south Florida as a vendor of superb WC Argies and some breeding of them. Heard good things about Ty Parks and of 'Beasty' on Tegutalk out of Alabama. Both are breeders.

Dee-Dee Idrais

I got both of mine at reptile expo. Two different vendors and year apart. They are both beautiful and sweet. I got lucky. I hear great things about Ty Parks and he's are much cheaper then what I paid. He ships all over US. I was afraid of the shipping part and have the advantage of having a local expo every 3 months or so.

Sci

I've been looking up Tegus only and I really like what I see. Seriously considering one from Rodney!

Sci

I concur with this. I've heard of people opening up packages from backwater to find their animal dead. I'd stay away from them
There is always a risk when shipping a living breathing creature. Isn't that why they offer a live arrival guarantee?

Idk I've never read into their site because I've never even given a thought to them. Rodney Irwin is a good guy, that's where I got my tegu. But he could improve his packaging methods. Just consider the difference in wild caught vs captive bred. Wilds are going to be more likely to be scared of you and skittish at first, being how they're used to being prey.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu