• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

sperm plugs at what age

Cali 202

5 Year Member
I could be wrong, but this morning while cleaning up Marleys poop I notice 2 long white stringy things that looked like small sperm plugs. I have never seen these in his poop before. This wouldnt make sense to me though since he is only 6 monthes and I thought they didnt do that for a year or two. Is this possible even though he is so young? I dont know if size or age matter but he is 34" and 2lbs. I really cant see him already doing this, just curious though.

Cali 202

5 Year Member
I noticed yesterday and again today these things. Today I actually saw them come out of his hemipenes after pooping. Is this normal for him to be doing this at such a young age? Heres a pic I took of them... any thoughts?

Photo0374.jpg

TanMan57

5 Year Member
Im not sure if its normal but my tegu Zero is 9 months old 37" and weighs 4.8 pounds and he has them

Jefroka

5 Year Member
Cali 202, not to worry, your gu is fine and quite normal. My boy had them at 6 months as well, maybe even before that.

...Jefroka

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu