• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Steve's Official Thread!

ReptileGuy

Steve is my Argentine Red/B&W hybrid tegu from Laura! He definitely isn't aggressive, but like all baby tegus is timid. Here are some pictures!

Attachments

• 542522_3000531827107_1984854434_n.jpg
    542522_3000531827107_1984854434_n.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 9
  • 300994_533222503358319_2105837065_n.jpg
    300994_533222503358319_2105837065_n.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 11
  • 558326_533225380024698_1644574813_n.jpg
    558326_533225380024698_1644574813_n.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 558419_532256230121613_2137577999_n.jpg
    558419_532256230121613_2137577999_n.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 8

ReptileGuy

Bubblz Calhoun said:
:) Congrats on the new tegu.

I could be wrong here but that first pic doesn't look like the same tegu as the others, the pattern doesn't add up.

That first pic was when he was 3 days old. It is the one Laura sent me. The rest are him at 3 months.

Steven. said:
Hey i have my own thread lol... Love the name

sent from my phone to your eyes

Haha his full name is Steven :p lol

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I know for a fact that is the same tegu. I didn't mess those photos up, lol!

ETA: He's a very distinctive tegu...small and very dark when hatched, black tongue. Their patterns change a bit from day 1 to a few months old. plus the patterns are different from one side of the head to other. The dark pigment went away and then red comes in.

ReptileGuy

Bubblz Calhoun said:
:) Congrats on the new tegu.

I could be wrong here but that first pic doesn't look like the same tegu as the others, the pattern doesn't add up.

You could still be right though, and Laura accidentally sent me a different one. lol :p

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
:D I know and considered that but it's young enough to where there would still be similarities that I'm not seeing. The first pic looks like it's from the left side and the rest of the pics are from the right so there would be a difference.

But the first pic also has three large black spots on it's neck, the others don't. Their size and shape wouldn't change that quick.

Under the third spot in the first pic there is a horizontal black stripe, that the other pics don't have.

Under that stripe, also black looks like a Y.
If they were the same the last pic would show all three, the spots, horizontal stripe and the top half of the Y.

Lol this little ocd thing of mine with patterns and comparisons gets me every time. But when it comes to picking out and buying animals it's how I know I got the right one, especially online or looking at pics first.

Not saying there's anything funny going on mistakes happen, I'm just passing on what I see.

:p I remember when txrepgirl got the AA I picked out and noticed it when she posted pics.

ReptileGuy

laurarfl said:
I know for a fact that is the same tegu. I didn't mess those photos up, lol!

ETA: He's a very distinctive tegu...small and very dark when hatched, black tongue. Their patterns change a bit from day 1 to a few months old. plus the patterns are different from one side of the head to other. The dark pigment went away and then red comes in.

Thats exactly what I thought!! You are very organized so it didn't seem like you to be messing up the pictures :p lol

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Lol (reminiscing now),.. I picked her out of a bucket of tegus without even seeing her head and still recognized it when Txrepgirl got her. It's not just animals,.. there are other stories but I'm not getting into that. :D

ReptileGuy

Bubblz Calhoun said:
Lol (reminiscing now),.. I picked her out of a bucket of tegus without even seeing her head and still recognized it when Txrepgirl got her. It's not just animals,.. there are other stories but I'm not getting into that. :D

coolioz.

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
lol, it could actually happen (mixing up photos) and it did happen once on this forum. See, I hate, hate hate taking photos. When I do take pictures, my camera is on a burst mode so that I can pick out a clear shot that I like. I also take them in quick succession, pick up one tegu, put it down, grab another. So in the end I have gobs of photos to sort through and I'm trying to match them up. Plus I'm over 40, so my eyesight is well...not like it was when I was 20, hehe.

However, I have never sent out the wrong tegu, because I am also OCD. I check the individual photo that goes to the buyer at least 5 times when I am packing. The photos and tegus are named for an obviously distinguishable feature and housed separately by various factors so they won't get mixed up. In this case, I was going back to match an old photo to the tegu Kian has.

OK, I went back and checked. It is the same tegu. I checked my FB because this tegu was originally being held for a friend. It was specifically being held because of the small size and dark color. It lightened up dramatically.

Look at this picture
http://www.tegutalk.com/attachment.php?aid=5166

Then this:

blackie1.jpg

The three top spots really do change that quickly. there are top spots under the eye that are still there along with black lines along the jaw. And the infamous black tipped tongue. It is the only one with the black tongue.

I don't know how to make it bigger

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
ReptileGuy said:
TeguBuzz said:
Very nice tegu Kian, I look forward to seeing his/her growth. Keep it up

Will do :) did you ever get another tegu? R.I.P Sobek

No, not yet. Haven't come across the right one you know? Hard to replace Sobek and all.

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
laurarfl said:
lol, it could actually happen (mixing up photos) and it did happen once on this forum. See, I hate, hate hate taking photos. When I do take pictures, my camera is on a burst mode so that I can pick out a clear shot that I like. I also take them in quick succession, pick up one tegu, put it down, grab another. So in the end I have gobs of photos to sort through and I'm trying to match them up. Plus I'm over 40, so my eyesight is well...not like it was when I was 20, hehe.

However, I have never sent out the wrong tegu, because I am also OCD. I check the individual photo that goes to the buyer at least 5 times when I am packing. The photos and tegus are named for an obviously distinguishable feature and housed separately by various factors so they won't get mixed up. In this case, I was going back to match an old photo to the tegu Kian has.

OK, I went back and checked. It is the same tegu. I checked my FB because this tegu was originally being held for a friend. It was specifically being held because of the small size and dark color. It lightened up dramatically.

Look at this picture
http://www.tegutalk.com/attachment.php?aid=5166

Then this:

blackie1.jpg

The three top spots really do change that quickly. there are top spots under the eye that are still there along with black lines along the jaw. And the infamous black tipped tongue. It is the only one with the black tongue.

I don't know how to make it bigger

I just don't see it,.. lol even with those two shots I see more differences than similarities. Maybe a good shot with the same side, angle would help. As if it really matter. :D

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
"As if it really matter."

I thought the same thing. It couldn't be the wrong tegu because it was the last tegu, lol. But I'm not posting any more photos, haha

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980