• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Taming a B&G Teggy

Ditzee

Hi everyone, I adopted a baby B&G tegu! She was skinny when I got her but I can hold her now without her hissing at me. She's still pretty flighty though.
I can tell she's still nervous because she is eating but still not as much as I think she should be. My beardie is more food aggressive than this scardy-gu.

B&G's have bad reps for being aggressive but mine doesn't bite or hiss anymore, she just kinda runs away from me and observes.

Anyways, I need advice on how to tame her down and make her feel more comfortable! All advice will be put to good use :)

Attachments

• babyteg.jpg
    babyteg.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 3
  • ategu5.jpg
    ategu5.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 4

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Welcome to the site,..:) congrats on the new gu take some time to look through the threads in our Taming and tegu article section,.. there's a lot of need to know info over there.

As for how much it eats,.. it may be still trying to settle in but also it's still a baby so it's stomach is small and can't hold much. So a couple of smaller meals a day instead of one big meal may work out better for now.

spidersandmonsters

Multiple meals is a good idea. My girl is hungry all the time but her stomach is only so big haha.. but before she started brumating she would eat two and sometimes three times a day.

Ditzee

Thank you both! She's already doing much better. She's no longer terrified of me either, she just doesnt like being picked up too high off the ground. She's fattening up as well, her back legs look normal now instead of loose skin and her hip bones are much less skeletal. I'll post more pics of her tomorrow! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu