• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Tegu enclosure with large water section/aquarium.

QuDodger

So what do you guys think k of me combining my hobby of fish keeping and my love for tegus by making an enclosure that has a 300 gal aquarium/Water area. Do you think the tegu would use the water if it was set up with a gradual shoreline and of so do you think we would actively hunt the larger fish I keep in the pond. I am not sure if any of you are familiar with the hobby, but I keep wolf fish, arowana, large cichlids such as Oscars and peacock bass, and hydrolycus armatus other wise known as vampire tetra. Here is a picture of my current 180 gal for reference.

Attachments

• 20160816_191907.jpg
    20160816_191907.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 64

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
So what do you guys think k of me combining my hobby of fish keeping and my love for tegus by making an enclosure that has a 300 gal aquarium/Water area. Do you think the tegu would use the water if it was set up with a gradual shoreline and of so do you think we would actively hunt the larger fish I keep in the pond. I am not sure if any of you are familiar with the hobby, but I keep wolf fish, arowana, large cichlids such as Oscars and peacock bass, and hydrolycus armatus other wise known as vampire tetra. Here is a picture of my current 180 gal for reference.
I admire your choice of fish to keep.

An Argentine will use the water to soak, and water will keep humidity up.

QuDodger

I admire your choice of fish to keep.

An Argentine will use the water to soak, and water will keep humidity up.

Thank you. Do you think he would/could catch the fish often? I have a minnow in his current water dish. He went for it once realized it was underwater and hasn't given it a second look. I'm okay losing a couple fish here and there but many of the fish I keep are pricy and losing them more than once or twice a year would be upsetting.

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Maybe if the fish are big and the water shallow. It's movement that's attracting him.

Sci

I've wanted to get another tank SO bad but it was a toss up between Fish and a Tegu...

Needless to say which won. haha!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu