• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Tegu journal

nepoez

5 Year Member
Starting yesterday my 8th day of owning my AweseomChicken(his name), my columbian tegu, I decided to start a journal on him.. I write down key events and behaviors along with anything I do so that I can look back at this if any good or bad arises, thern trouble shoot if it's something bad.

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
That is a great idea.i do that with niles recording what he has eaten and his growth etc. Haven't since oct since he's been in hibernation...

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Tapatalk 2

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
Once he really started refusing food completely, i just provided water only. They need to have empty tummies so the food won't rot in there. He kept drinking and basking then slowly began sleeping more and more. Once he stopped coming out (it may have been a week straight) i lowered his heat pad to medium instead of high. Then I stopped turning the heat and uvb lights after another week of him not coming out. If they do want to bask let them because they may need to eliminate, drink, etc even during hibernation. Niles has woken up a few times. In jan i think 3 days in a row he wanted to come out and bask, drank a TON then ate one cricket. Recently he basked for like 5minutes one day but didn't want any crickets. Then another day he basked, walked around some, drank and went back down. He wakes up a little when I clean his cage. You have to watch for mold or mildew or whatever. I have now turned up the heat pad to high again and started putting the lights on daily because I want to try to 'encourage ' him to start waking up. I put crickets in because they are small snacks and their movement may trigger a feeding response to get him interested in eating again. They have to take it slow because niles for example has been down since october. Sleepy and empty tummy and it takes awhile to want to eat and act 'normal ' again. At least for him. Others may have other experiences because each animal is unique. :)

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Tapatalk 2

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicole_61955