• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Tegu Love!

G

Well, tegu love of basking lights maybe :p Teggie and Astrid are my two Columbians who are now sharing a tank together, it seems they at least tolerate each other well enough! And you can really tell the difference between the black and white and the black and gold coloration.

DSC_0044.jpg

DSC_0046-1.jpg

JohnMatthew

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Groovy lookin columbians you got there! Maybe it's the time of year but they made me think of the "silver and gold" song on that christmas special animations with the snowman. :-D

G

Hahahah, nice. And another cool thing about the tegus is that they used to run and hide if they saw me walk too close to their cage (And too close was at times all the way across the room) but now they have finally gotten over that :) Though if I sit down right in front of them and stare Astrid does kinda give me the "WTF are you doing?" look and run away after a couple of seconds lol.

CaseyUndead

5 Year Member
Awww.. How old are they? In your sig is says ones name is tegusaurus rex, lol. Its funny because I sometimes call my tegu a "tegusaurus Rex" or a "teggysaurus" or "tegosaurus"(because my Mom has been known to call him a "tego" instead of "tegu," lol).. Or sometimes just "little dinosaur." I have tons of silly nicknames for all of my pets. Anyway, can you handle them at all?.. Because I always hear about columbians being aggressive and
stuff.

G

Mine have never acted aggressively. They are skittish, but never aggressive. They can be held, but sometimes its tiring because you have to keep a good grip on them because they never sit still. Especially the black and gold one, Astrid. She'll be all the way across the room in the blink of an eye if you're not careful. And they're both 2010s.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hweikel