• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

tegu " LOVING "

angelrose

5 Year Member
this is a first for me. they started 'doing it' yesterday. my male will not leave my two females alone while in or out of the enclosure.

isn't it late in the season :?:
what should I do :?:
are there going to be eggs :?:

this is all too soon for me.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I'm hoping to experience that soon with our Blue Tegu's. The male left me some sperm plugs for the first time today. Our male Red has been dropping plugs for a few weeks and is wants to mate with any Tegu he can find. The only problem is I don't know if the female has any eggs to fertilize. I d hate to get her ripped up for nothing. The Red is kind of ruff in his mating ritual. I just haven't let him go all the way.

Congrats on being made a Mod of the "other" site! I haven't checked there in a couple of months. I see Rick still rarely posts on "His" site so someone has to help out.

angelrose

5 Year Member
that's how it started with me about two or more weeks ago he was leaving sperm plugs and now there is no stopping him. one of my females was on my leg and he even did it there !

I don't know what to do ? this is all new to me ??

as for being a mod, thank you. he said many people voted for me. how can I put this .....does this mean I am not liked here ?
how do these things work ?

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
angelrose said:
that's how it started with me about two or more weeks ago he was leaving sperm plugs and now there is no stopping him. one of my females was on my leg and he even did it there !

I don't know what to do ? this is all new to me ??
This is new to me too. PM Bobby, he'll help you. You'll have to talk to him on the phone to get the best info.

angelrose said:
as for being a mod, thank you. he said many people voted for me. how can I put this .....does this mean I am not liked here ?
YES!! You will be ignored!!! :mrgreen: Just kidding! Keep up the good work!

I was a frequent contributor over there until the Rick and Bobby had their blow up (in one of my threads). Rick deleted much of the argument. We don't talk about that over here. I'll just say I've never trusted Rick. We live about 4 hours from him, I've asked numerous times about meeting him in the park he says he shows off his Tegus. He refused to commit to be there at any specific time to meet a member of his forum. He avoided most of the questions I asked him by email and was vague with the answers he gave. I have nothing against the forum, it's probably less intimidating than this one due to the dark graphics (hint - I wish there was a plain generic option!). I could still contribute but I also contribute to 3 other forums. I'll be lucky to not get fired for all the time I spend online!

AB^

5 Year Member

You are now the enemy :lol:

it's probably less intimidating than this one due to the dark graphics (hint - I wish there was a plain generic option!).

Throw that in the suggestion forum, when sammy returns he might be able to help

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
AB^ said:

You are now the enemy :lol:
This is coming from a guy who's been kicked out of more forums than most people have even been to! :mrgreen:

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
AB^ said:
it's probably less intimidating than this one due to the dark graphics (hint - I wish there was a plain generic option!).

Throw that in the suggestion forum, when sammy returns he might be able to help
I suggested it a few times in the beginning. This format looks too much NOT like work!

angelrose

5 Year Member
thank you fellas :hug cause I really do enjoy being here !
great sense of humor ! all the topics of conversation ! and I learn alot about 'ya never know what' here . it's interesting stuff here and I feel I made friends here as well.

p.s. now I have to go for staff here ...lol

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Angelrose, you know you are more than welcome here. :)

As for being kicked out of more forums than most people have even been to...

Well Kevin can be quite the strong one when he is right, some forums would rather kick him out then to admit they were wrong, enough said there..... ;)

As for sperm plugs, well once you start seeing them it will not be long before your males will be ready to breed. I am told that the Blues are later breeders than the rest, and they can breed as late as September.

As for the other forum, anyone is welcome here that vists there. I just request that the drama be left at the door. ;)

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
VARNYARD said:

Well Kevin can be quite the strong one when he is right, some forums would rather kick him out then to admit they were wrong, enough said there..... ;)
We're glad to have him!

VARNYARD said:
As for sperm plugs, well once you start seeing them it will not be long before your males will be ready to breed. I am told that the Blues are later breeders than the rest, and they can breed as late as September.
We'll see next week if our male gets along with the female. Previously she bullied him.

VARNYARD said:
As for the other forum, anyone is welcome here that vists there. I just request that the drama be left at the door. ;)
Sorry Bobby. There's just something about the guy that rubs me the wrong way. Getting blown off by him numerous times might have something to do with it.

angelrose

5 Year Member
VARNYARD said:

yes, I am glad he is here to :)

as for what the tegus are doing I guess I'll just let them do their own thing like I usualy do and take it from there.

and thank you Bobby !

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
No problem Dave, there is no need to be sorry for the way you feel.

And you are more than welcome angelrose! :)

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
angelrose said:
VARNYARD said:
as for what the tegus are doing I guess I'll just let them do their own thing like I usualy do and take it from there.
You need to talk to Bobby to understand what behavior they show towards each other when they are going to breed. It sounds kind of violent. Watch his breeding videos on YouTube.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu