• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Tegu on the loose!

grendelsmother

Hi all, my daughter's pet tegu escaped and has dug himself a cozy hole in the ground and is resisting capture. We live in the tropics so cold weather is not an issue. Sigh, does anyone have any tips for getting him back, besides the obvious 'put food in a bag and hope he crawls into it'? Kid is heartbroken, 3 days of mourning her lost lizard and now he's found alive and well but doesn't want to go home.

Question about tegu habits in the wild - will he stay in that one hole in the yard, or will he roam and dig himself a new hole every night? I am thinking that we might just end up with a neighbor tegu in our yard rather than a pet one. If he stays in the one hole, she can at least feed him scrambled eggs and hang out with him in the yard if we can't catch him. Note: he's a juvenile, about the size of my forearm including tail.

grendelsmother

Also note - I live in a developing country with no animal control or similar public agency to ask for assistance from. And we live in a housing complex with lots of green space, but it's surrounded by concrete jungle so there is no chance of him invading the wild, breeding, or harming the environment.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980