• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Tegu taming ?

Saltwater503

I just bought a high white and red tegu

He or she is very feisty and tail whips and puffs up

It has been three days and I haven't seen him since I put him in the enclosure . The enclosure has proper humidity and basking temps .

I was told not to hold them and force him to be held by some . But I've also been told to do so and not to back down from their behavior even if they bite or whip.

I don't want to mess with him for at least a week or two . I want him to acclimate to his new home.

But what is the best approach to taming? For my savanah and ackie monitor I just left them alone for a while, then started feeding with tongs and then approached . But my tegu stays buried in his tunnels and I never see him out. compared to my monitors that bask during the day and sleep at night.

I threw crickets in there for him to eat so I'm hoping he is eating them. He could come out during the day when I'm at work and maybe he goes back into his tunnels at night when I'm off .

Attachments

• IMG_6636.PNG
    IMG_6636.PNG
    973.8 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_6637.PNG
    IMG_6637.PNG
    710.4 KB · Views: 13

nepoez

5 Year Member
I would buy a camera that activates with motion detection. Then you will know his schedule. My tegu comes out during normal work hours and roams around for about 5 hours, and goes to sleep when work hours are over!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980