• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Tegus and crowds

Sean32817

How are your tegus with crowds and noisy social situations?

I've come to find that Rex doesn't particularly care for them as we've had friends and their kids over the last few weekends for pool parties and Rex definitely doesn't care for the noise.

The kids aren't in the same room as him, nor do I allow them to interact since he'll still confuse fingers with food if you aren't careful, however, he is in the room adjacent to the pool so he can hear all of the noise and it clearly isn't his speed as he'll leave his home and hide in the corner under the couch until everyone leaves and things settle down.

Rex is about fourteen inches long (excluding tail) so I'm curious if he can out grow this fear of the noise or not?

We're getting him a harness so I was thinking that maybe having him out on the deck on a leash with me baby sitting him in case he panics is a good idea or if that's just a good way for me to earn a few more scratches?

Thoughts and suggestions?

Mich lady

My black and white will come out and greet visitors on occasion. He likes to flick his tounge all over their shoes. Then he will stick his head up their pant leg and sniff them. Then he leaves to go do tegu things. He is a free roam ,but has a big enclosure. 8x4x6

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
Scratches prob aren't going away. Battle scars I think. My opinion - he'll outgrow it. He's pretty young still.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980