• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Tegus Dont Deserve This - _ -

Okay has anyone noticed on animal planet idr the name of the show but they catch wild reptiles ect african rocks, burmese, TEGUS, ect? they went into soo much detial, a tegu is a iguana on steroids, it will bite you and not let go and it will hurt more than anything, the last thing youd want is for a tegu to bite you bc it would hurt so much, theyll tear you too pieces with their deadyl claws, and their tail is dangerous too, tegus WILL hurt you. - _ - i just love how they purposly came off on this..yea a tegu bite would hurt..some could take a finger i suppose from what experts tell me on here..but really..they made it sound like a %*7^* %*&%& )^&) ^( ^) %*&% (*^(*%*^ $&$# &% &) &(% (^ (^(^#(@%* %*% @*$# @((%&%*$^ $$% $%@@$&^%*& ^)()() <<-- sorry had to curse this aggiated me - _ - they made it sound like a ALLIGATOR OR KAMODO OR CROCODILE or freaking jaws or some b.s and now every one i know on my block and people in the pet store today nearly that are just thinking of getting pets, ppl at my old job, ect and all my friends htink tegus are viscious evil demonic little *^%#$!* - _ - this is so not cool nor justififed...yes teach people about reptiles...yes warn them of POTENTIONAL dangers....but dont make them fear for their freaking lifes and put the reptile in the freaking darkness of hell for it... so not cool....this is why people are afraid and hate reptiles....people pull these stupid supid STUPID stunts.

jerobi2k

yeah there was a post about this episode about a week ago, it seems like everyday they are showing that same episode, my gU and I were snuggled up under the blankets watching that episode... how ironic..;)

jerobi2k said:
yeah there was a post about this episode about a week ago, it seems like everyday they are showing that same episode, my gU and I were snuggled up under the blankets watching that episode... how ironic..;)

am i allowed to say that Fing Pisses Me The F Off? bc it does. if that show keeps it up im gonna form some kind of action on reptile sites and reptile places in my otnw with breeders ect and spam the unholy Hell out of those produces or animal planet for making somehting theyre so PASISONETLY IN LOVE WITH AND PROTECT AKA WILD LIFE look so wrongfully evil and horrid. that show needs to be either cancled or re directed.

jerobi2k

only wildlife show I enjoy is Swamp Brothers, lol. yeah it aggrivates me as well, everyone loves my gU! random old laddies come up and kiss him on the cheek when we are out, i love it! I dont want people to be scared of him when they watch that misinformative show!

slideaboot

5 Year Member
Tegu bites can be brutal...that's not a lie. The whole sensationalism of shows like this is nothing new. Yer not gonna do any good spamming the hell out of anybody. The solution lies in getting educated about what you are passionate about and spreading that knowledge.

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Its a stereotype, most people think that because a reptile eats meat that they have a thirst for blood, its sickening to watch when the media spreads lies like this, personally i havnt seen this particular episode nor do i care to watch it or anything AP has to offer, people truly believe what they hear/see and think they are being "educated" but in reality they are becoming more ignorant, perhaps these people should pay a visit to tegu talk, nah cause then they would have a special about people who have these huge dangerous monsters in their home, licking people to death or tricking their owners into petting them then begging em for food, yes i know the capabilities of a full grown tegu i seen how they crush rats heads/bones ect. But if raised properly i dont fear them

jerobi2k

I mean I do agree a wild animal is indeed a wild animal and most of the time do not make for great pets, but no where was it mentioned of how docile a gU can be, that was really the only bummer.

slideaboot

5 Year Member
jerobi2k said:
I mean I do agree a wild animal is indeed a wild animal and most of the time do not make for great pets, but no where was it mentioned of how docile a gU can be, that was really the only bummer.

True! Docility doesn't sell advertising, though...

jerobi2k

slideaboot said:
jerobi2k said:

^ I lol'ed.. so true ;)

jerobi2k said:
slideaboot said:
jerobi2k said:

^ I lol'ed.. so true ;)

I love you suh, ello govna, may i pet yo tegu trousa reptilian pippip cheerio gu gu?

jerobi2k

BlackendMetalDeathHead666 said:
jerobi2k said:
slideaboot said:
jerobi2k said:

^ I lol'ed.. so true ;)

I love you suh, ello govna, may i pet yo tegu trousa reptilian pippip cheerio gu gu?

^lol, you came up with that pretty quick Black something tells me you type like that alot, lol :p

jerobi2k said:
BlackendMetalDeathHead666 said:
jerobi2k said:
slideaboot said:
jerobi2k said:

^ I lol'ed.. so true ;)

^lol, you came up with that pretty quick Black something tells me you type like that alot, lol :p

lmfao im a song writer/muscian ect and was joking like a asshat with my friend Justin in real life in that ascent only we typed some pretty messed up stuff too one anther joking but thats how i came up with so fast and call me Kannyon :D

Toby_H

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Well, the show wasn't about pet Tegus... it was about feral reptiles in Florida...

My Tegu is the biggest sweety I've ever seen. But I've seen him chew baby chickens in half in three bites. When describting a feral Tegu I think it is fair to describe it as a potentially aggressive animal that is fully capable of doing considerable damage very quickly...

And if anyone is surprised that television dramatises the truth to make the show sell... you have bigger problems than this....

slideaboot

5 Year Member
Toby_H said:
Well, the show wasn't about pet Tegus... it was about feral reptiles in Florida...

My Tegu is the biggest sweety I've ever seen. But I've seen him chew baby chickens in half in three bites. When describting a feral Tegu I think it is fair to describe it as a potentially aggressive animal that is fully capable of doing considerable damage very quickly...

And if anyone is surprised that television dramatises the truth to make the show sell... you have bigger problems than this....

All true.

jmulley6

Welcome to a world full of ignorant f#%&$!
Try to educate them all you want but you can't fix stupid!
if the TV tells them that tegus are blood thirsty killers good luck. People are ruled by the media and don't know how to make their own opinions.
few people will except the idea.
I try once I they say "animal planet says your wrong" save your breath and walk away!
I hate ignorance
I'm done ranting good night.

wallace&amp;mick

i'd rather be bitten by my burmese python or my bosc monitor than any human as they would bite out of fear or they were unwell (but highly unlikey) a human would bite for the fun of leaving a mark the most dangerous animal on the earth is MAN!!!

new2tegus

This was from swamp wars, I thought it was quite amusing to be honest, only because they don't take in to factor the situation the animal is in. As far as any animal they catch, it's first thought is, I'm being hunted, and it wants to kill me. Most of the time with snakes you can overcome that, I know not all, but when you just hold the snake and let it move through your hands and not constrain it, it will see you aren't trying to kill it. A wild tegu, which is being hunted to be displaced from it's home, and ends up in the bottom of a small catch cage sideways to have some ass reach down with gloves on and grab him, yeah I'm pretty sure you can guarantee a reaction like that,but it makes good tv. That's the even more ignorant part, and sadly as animal planet it's job should be to protect every animal. So what would be better. I don't know, maybe something along the lines of just picking up the cage taking it with you, or getting a larger transport cage in front of him unlocking the 1 way doors, and letting him move into the larger cage? I'm sure he's not comfortable in that position, and would gladly take a larger home. Yes, more than likely given the size of a large tegu, if one wanted, it could take a finger,but the likelihood, just isn't there. It was my response to the idiot reporter incorrectly identifying the one lizard, which was something along the lines of there being 32 deaths in 2010 by dog attacks, and 0 by lizards.

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
i finally saw it! it made me sad :( poor guys. im glad pet tegus arent like that, they seemed pretty angry/scared/hungry

entropy

My mom called me when it came on and I finally caught the episode. We also just did a show at a zoo a couple weeks ago, and people kept on mentioning that they had seen them on the show and how DANGEROUS they are, etc. etc. Honestly, I'd much rather the TV show portray that side of a Tegu than the sweet side we all know. If people only take what they see on the TV as fact and do no other research, they have no business owning a Tegu, which is exactly what would happen if the show only portrayed sweet, dog-tame Tegus. I also noticed the situation the Tegu was in... trapped, and the guys were man handling the hell out of him. I'd be 10x worse if I was in the Tegu's position :p But people don't put 2 and 2 together... no, it's just a wild animal that is "entertaining" to watch when frightened.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annettekirtont