• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Tegus

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
They might be captive born, but not captive bred. Two different things.

pionusparrots28

Yes, I know that. Lol. But I prefer CB over wild caught. I'm not sure any place does actually captive bred any. And if I get it CB it didn't hatch in the wild causing less for me to worry about.

CmoneyAA

Reptile City is actually where I was looking to get mine. In so cal correct ? I have heard good things about them but have never purchased anything from them. Staff is friendly that's about all I know personally haha.

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
http://www.tegutalk.com/showthread.php?tid=9073

I haven't had any experience with Reptile City, but there are iffy reviews on this site and if you Google

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
What do you not have to worry about with CB that you would with WC??

pionusparrots28

Wild caught have been in the wild and who knows what they have ingested, Parasites, bacteria.. They could have gotten into something they shouldn't have and be sick.. could have worms or something.. CBs are born in captivity and have a lesser chance of having any of those things. If any at all. Plus, it is a lot less stressful to them being born into captivity rather then being free, having the whole world to run around on, and then the next day being stuck in a box having to wait to be fed.
What about Big Apple pet supplies? or Florida herps?

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
The best place to buy any reptile is from the breeder who bred them.

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
No, there aren't any truly CBB T teguixin in the US. The ones that are labelled as CB are either ranched in the US or ranched in S America and imported. Or they are just WC and labelled as CB. ;)

I have heard many, many, many negative things about Blackwater. This is just my two cents, but i think I would look on CL or reptile shows. There are a lot of Colombian tegus around and then you see what you are getting in person. I prefer to pick my lizards as opposed to getting them blindly shipped to me.

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I don't know about Black Water but,... Ditto everything else ^ ^ ^ she said :). I prefer to see and pic my own first hand as well, whether buying from a breeder or not. Out of seven tegus there was only one that I didn't see and or pic before hand and that was my blue.

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I was wondering about that as soon as I typed it. But I'm seeing them in the marketplace right now. There's a Repticon in Orlando Feb 2nd-3rd. I think I'm going to go and keep and eye out there.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
It’s_me