• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

thats what i get lol!

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
well first of all i have been mistaken, i guessed the lengths of my tegus and i was way off lol! i based my guesses on the last measurements about a month ago, but i measued them today and im shocked nero is only 35"(minus the tail, achilles is actually 27" i thought he was about 22-23", and pyro is 16.5" which is awesome because he only measured 14" a month ago! oh and since i got achilles measurements wrong thats when i measured everyone else, nero is used to being handled so is achilles but pyro wasnt having it. he jumped on the floor and almost escaped i grabbed him(almost by his tail) and somehow he swung his head around and tagged me on my thumb. this is my first tegu bite lol my columbian tegu never even bit me. here the damage lol

42d7e592.jpg

KSTAR

5 Year Member
Man reptastic ! That's 1 point for him and none for you lol...that's a nice tag on his part but sucky on yours...at least you took it like a champ :lol:

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
lol i had to let him cling on until i made it back over to his tank it just stung a lil

KSTAR

5 Year Member
O man that sucks lol....at least little pyro is only a little over a foot and not 5 feet lol cause that wouldve been a big problem... :shock:

KSTAR

5 Year Member
nero would of for sure let you feel it lol :-D his jaws look alot more bigger than pyros lol which aint good news for you man but hey you still have your finger :roon

TEGU_JAKE

5 Year Member
i to just got bit by one of my tegus on saturday but it was a mistake when i was feeding her not as bad i thought it would be though

Adam87

5 Year Member
i kno the feeling i put my hand in my tegus cage and was trying to get him use to my hand and i turned around to look at my comp and i felt a sharp pain on my finger haha i guess he thought my finger was a pinky so i fed him (out of the tank)

KSTAR

5 Year Member
i have never taken a nip but im not trying to either....they can either bite and let go or bit and hold on and shake and thrash or not and i don't wanna see either happen lol but ill rather take a bite when my little guy is small then when hes big :shock:

Adam87

5 Year Member
yea same here at least hes still small i can't imagine what an adult male tegu would do haha

KSTAR

5 Year Member
hey dams i dont wanna find out either....i here things crush when they bite down on F/T rats :cry:

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
KSTAR said:
hey dams i dont wanna find out either....i here things crush when they bite down on F/T rats :cry:

lol i do too. and yeah its a good thing he is only 16.5" it left a good cut thogh for such a small gu' i dont even want to know what an adult tegu could do!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu