• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

This has been the longest four months.

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
Yes. I took the white out because it is only the white that contains the avidin(did i spell it right? ) which i was told is harmful to them.

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
Omg he's up again!!! Day 3! It was 6:15 approx when I noticed him basking :) he is, it seems, a night owl <3

BatGirl1 said:
Yes. I took the white out because it is only the white that contains the avidin(did i spell it right? ) which i was told is harmful to them.

just curious. i haven't gotten my guy to eat yet either.

chitodadon

1,000+ Post Club
Re: RE: This has been the longest four months.

BatGirl1 said:
Omg he's up again!!! Day 3! It was 6:15 approx when I noticed him basking :) he is, it seems, a night owl <3

U lucky zilla still down also have u heardv from dubya

from Samsung Galaxy S3

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
Oh really laura? I was told by several people not to give raw egg. Then told it was only the white that could not be given raw. I guess just like everything else, we live and we learn. Right? :) and you are a smart lady, so I trust you <3

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
It takes a lot of avidin from raw eggs to break down the biotin. That's the concern with avidin....that it would cause a biotin deficiency. But if you supplement with multivitamins and aren't feeding a predominantly raw egg diet, then you are good.

OH, my little teeny baby is up and ate today! yaaaay

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
Awesome laura!!! Yaaaay! :) niles keeps waking up at night. Weirdo. Basking on his rock last night with the flood lights OFF... eh. Strange one. And I don't think he touched the egg yolk last night. But at least he's getting up now 3 nights in a row. I'm thankful for that :/

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
He's up again! Hasn't eaten but basking a lot. Oh and does hibernation do something to them? Because he seems less like his old self.meaning i petted him and he ran under his hide :( he's never done that to me before

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
Yeah. He's acting sooo weird. Today i tried to feed him. Refused.and instead of snuggling with me he acted like he didn't trust me. Kept trying to run, like I literally had to grab his tail a couple times to keep him from landing on the floor. He has never acted this way before :(

Raicardoso

BatGirl1 said:
Yeah. He's acting sooo weird. Today i tried to feed him. Refused.and instead of snuggling with me he acted like he didn't trust me. Kept trying to run, like I literally had to grab his tail a couple times to keep him from landing on the floor. He has never acted this way before :(

Try to avoid grabbing him by his tail :p

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
Ok wiseguy...haha :p and yes i never do.i always let him walk onto my hand, never grab him. However, he shot like a little rocket off my palm and almost landed on the floor so i used his tail to slow him down then put him back in his enclosure. Oh! Good news! Today he did eat some chicken dipped in yolk for me! I tong fed it to him ;) and he's been up snuggling with his alligator a lot today <3 cutest ever. [attachment=6682][attachment=6683]

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1364085247712.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1364085247712.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 27
  • uploadfromtaptalk1364085277213.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1364085277213.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 32

Skeetzy

Ink popped his head out today for the first time in almost 7 months. I offered him some water which he sat drinking for awhile. Didn't explore too far from his cave before disappearing. I have all day off tomorrow, so I'll be keeping an eye out for him

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annettekirtont