• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

This may be biased....BUT...Who do feel is the best Tegu breeder

brenttos

What i mean by that is, Ive heard A LOT of negativity about some breeders but for every negative experience there seems to be a positive to go along with it. Who do you feel is the BEST Tegu breeder and why?

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Johnny LaRocca has always been my go to breeder. AKA Tegu Terra. I've known him for several years and have never had a bad experience with him. He's always available whether it be through email or phone, and if he misses my call - I always hear back. Two years ago I would have vouched for Bobby Hill - but Johnny always came first. His prices are a little high but the stock is well worth it in the end.

I can also vouch for Ty Park. I've never purchased a tegu from him but I have dealt with him in the past with other reptiles. I've seen the tegus he has produced in the past, and they all looked great. His prices are also very affordable.

bfb345

brenttos said:
What i mean by that is, Ive heard A LOT of negativity about some breeders but for every negative experience there seems to be a positive to go along with it. Who do you feel is the BEST Tegu breeder and why?

i have heard so much stuff bad about bobby hill and his business but also i have heard so much good and he is always nice on the forum so what is it lol

Dubya

1,000+ Post Club
I know people are pissed at him, but my "extreme" from Bobby Hill is great. Big, healthy, and absolutely no aggression issues.

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Dubya said:
I know people are pissed at him, but my "extreme" from Bobby Hill is great. Big, healthy, and absolutely no aggression issues.

I'm sure Gwanji is a damn fine tegu. There is no doubt that Bobby produced some of the greatest stock out there, I personally had tegus from him in the past. I vouched for him on several occasions in the past, due to the fact that he was flat out great in every way. But now, having looked back at how he dealt with the 2011 season and 2012, I have lost respect for him as a business man. Dubya, I'm glad you're one of the handfuls that wasnt scammed by him. His stock was always great but I see no reason to vouch for him anymore.

Lets see some new pics of Gwanji!

Dubya

1,000+ Post Club
TeguBuzz said:
Dubya said:

I'm sure Gwanji is a damn fine tegu. There is no doubt that Bobby produced some of the greatest stock out there, I personally had tegus from him in the past. I vouched for him on several occasions in the past, due to the fact that he was flat out great in every way. But now, having looked back at how he dealt with the 2011 season and 2012, I have lost respect for him as a business man. Dubya, I'm glad you're one of the handfuls that wasnt scammed by him. His stock was always great but I see no reason to vouch for him anymore.

Lets see some new pics of Gwanji!

I agree. I will post a pic of Gwangi after he finishes his shed.

chitodadon

1,000+ Post Club
Well it would be my breeder Greg Phillips aka lizardking Godzilla was perfect from day one and is a monster he has been sleep for the pasr 2 weels now

from Samsung Galaxy S3

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Wil and Ty also produce great tegus. I have never seen a complaint about either of them. Laura has had a few clutches here and there and hers also seem to be very healthy and well cared for.

Diablo

5 Year Member
He might have good tegu's but your chance of getting one or getting your money back is about less than 25% I'd say. Completely made up number but you get the point.

Johnny at Tegu Terra helped me with my Bobby situation and when I paid him the amount he asked for he sent me Yoshi the very next week. Excellent shipping, and he even included a little birth certificate stating the species and the hatch date which to me put the cherry on top. I will recommend him to anyone that wants a tegu. He is BOTH a great breeder and businessman. As for Bobby while his tegus were very good, his communication and the way he handled situations was piss poor. Not to mention he was not nice at all if you had any problem. I won't deny he had good service to some people but the majority of us were stolen from. I'm not posting to start this whole debate or argument about him again, instead I would just like to recommend Johnny as he helped me out and was very professional to me.

Skeetzy

Screw Bobby Hill. Simply put. Wasted my time and money with that scam artist. If you want more details, PM me and ill gladly share. My advice, do not even waste your time contacting him.

Laura is an excellent breeder. My tegu arrived in great shape, his colors are fantastic, and he seemed very calm. Unfortunately he decided to hibernate the day I got him, so can't comment on much, since he still isn't up(almost 5 months now). His siblings all look absolutely fantastic though. Laura was VERY friendly, very quick with responses, and extremely helpful. In fact, I had my tegu in less than 48 hours after I decided to contact her about purchasing one. I'm actually glad I ended up with one from her instead of Bobby.

Tegudude88

Yes and he made me wait for 3 weeks past when I was supposed to get my little guy hardly answered his phone BUT my tegu is wonderful and healthy

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Tegudude88 said:
Yes and he made me wait for 3 weeks past when I was supposed to get my little guy hardly answered his phone BUT my tegu is wonderful and healthy

So you think HE is the best breeder?

OP - are you asking who is the best breeder as a person or who breeds the best tegus?

Deac77

5 Year Member
I'd say Laura is a amazing breeder she was top notch held Kirby for me while I put together the cage and supplies sent frequent pics the whole week I waited and has shown a great interest in him since he's come to live with me

Also Johnny at tegu terra has been helpful in the years before when I had questions

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu