• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

those unwary to varnyard

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
RE: Those waiting for Varnyard to ship...

I am resolving that with him in private.

Diablo

5 Year Member

I was so hyped to get a hatchling tegu. I wish I could easily wash my hands of all this and take it all back.

Skeetzy

Re: Those waiting for Varnyard to ship...

Jeez things blew up. I got no call from Bobby. Didn't have time to call him today, worked all morning, and then set my cage up all afternoon. I decided to just order another tegu, from Laura. I'm still going to go through with legal action against Bobby. Like said before, getting my money back isn't a concern. Just want to make sure he gets what he deserves. Probably going to give him another week to call me though. I will then ask him for a refund lol

Wil

5 Year Member

I would like to say that I feel for all of you that haven't received a tegu or a refund. One thing to remember is, that it takes two people to conduct a transaction and that some of the responsibility falls onto the buyer. Some have even admitted to going through with putting down a deposit after reading some of the negative posts written.

I can understand why some resort to name calling and bashing, but when this happens it really does make the claims lose credibility in some peoples eyes. Although I am only speaking for myself, I would like to think that both Josh and the other Mods would like to see others "be the better person" instead of resorting to labeling, bashing, or "stirring the pot".

Remember, there is strength in numbers and word of mouth is a powerful tool. I do hope that everyone gets what is owed to them.

hanniebann

5 Year Member

I heard nothing but good things when I asked people about him in march of 2011 :(

I'm filling out an IC3 form. I'll be turning it in on October 1st. Please add me on FB or take my email if you want info or proof about my transaction with bobby for legal action. I've documented it fairly well.

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member

I watched that video about Bobby's property, it's rubbish. I know many people who have visited his facilities and to claim he has no stock and that all he sells are imports is pure idiocy. I do not support his actions but i will say he has an outstanding stock.

On a side note, those of you who are still looking to purchase tegus should check out Ty Park or Johnny LaRocca at Tegu Terra. Both are very reputable breeders and many, including myself, have purchased from them.

Scott Hogge

Wil said:
I would like to say that I feel for all of you that haven't received a tegu or a refund. One thing to remember is, that it takes two people to conduct a transaction and that some of the responsibility falls onto the buyer. Some have even admitted to going through with putting down a deposit after reading some of the negative posts written.

I can understand why some resort to name calling and bashing, but when this happens it really does make the claims lose credibility in some peoples eyes. Although I am only speaking for myself, I would like to think that both Josh and the other Mods would like to see others "be the better person" instead of resorting to labeling, bashing, or "stirring the pot".

Remember, there is strength in numbers and word of mouth is a powerful tool. I do hope that everyone gets what is owed to them.

I'm sorry, but that statement is complete horse manure. Is it also 50% the rape victim's fault for wearing a short skirt in a neighborhood that has previously had rapes? Bobby is a liar. He is engaged in criminal activities intentionally defrauding people. He is to blame. Anyone who says otherwise is a rape-enabler. Of course people are angry. Granted, name calling doesn't help.. but neither does rape-enabling. Bobby Hill is a criminal.

I gave you no excuses for deleting this post, so don't.

Diablo

5 Year Member
Re: RE: Those waiting for Varnyard to ship...

TeguBuzz said:
I watched that video about Bobby's property, it's rubbish. I know many people who have visited his facilities and to claim he has no stock and that all he sells are imports is pure idiocy. I do not support his actions but i will say he has an outstanding stock.

On a side note, those of you who are still looking to purchase tegus should check out Ty Park or Johnny LaRocca at Tegu Terra. Both are very reputable breeders and many, including myself, have purchased from them.

Ty is sold out. I emailed him the other day.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member

Diablo said:
TeguBuzz said:

Ty is sold out. I emailed him the other day.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Try Johnny or other private forum breeders, like Ty. Didn't know he was sold out but he put out some nice reds and black and whites this year.

Carnicero

Has this guy gone off the deep end? (Serious question) I mean maybe all the work and having to deal with hundreds of shipping orders/care for all the tegus/THOUSANDS of dollars and trying to do this all SOLO with no help has drove him mad. Think of the comedian Dave Chapelle...working 23 hour days on his show making millions of dollars guy just went crazy and fell off the wagon. theres gotta be some kind of explanation for all of this and I know Bobby is definatly reading this thread so why not explain himself because if this keeps up it looks like hes going to be in a whole lot of legal troubles. Glad I was one of the few he actually sent a Tegu to granted it was an Extreme. Its a shame this is all happening.

bmx3000max

What ever happened with the guy that called him and posted it on youtube, did he really get introuble for that?

Scott Hogge

bmx3000max said:
What ever happened with the guy that called him and posted it on youtube, did he really get introuble for that?

No, I believe that was DrPepper who recorded that.

Bobby is just trying to scare people out of not recording conversations with him because he knows he is committing fraud and doesn't want a record of it.

Skeetzy

Re: Those waiting for Varnyard to ship...

Bobby said he went to the police and that he was going to be arrested for it being a felony.

bmx3000max

Is it still on youtube and isint drpepper still on here? Im wondering if thats true

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member

He can't get arrested for recording it. If anyone can get arrested for committing anything in this whole situation, it'd be Bobby. He's just trying to scare people off when all he really has to do is speak up, tell people what happened, and return their money if he can't provide them with what the paid for.

Scott Hogge

As much as it sucks that so many people have been robbed by Bobby, it is nice that people are finally waking up and realizing they are in the middle of a major fraud. This is much more productive than every week having a discussion about how the magical weather has delayed shipments of 1% of bobby's invisible tegu stock.

I really hope there is nobody out there still waiting until October to accept the truth. I hope everyone still has time to find hatchlings from other breeders before everyone is completely sold out for the year.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu