• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Today I learned...

Tucker

Hey y'all, thought I'd start a thread that might possibly go on for a while. The idea is that we learn from each other's mistakes and the Tegu owning community benefits as a whole. So whatever it is you found out, either through experience or here on the forum, post it!

Today (actually yesterday) I learned not to underestimate the intelligence and ability of a Tegu to escape. I thought my enclosure build was pretty solid. Left Bender in it for his first night with me and he appeared to be very content burrowed in his hide. I return home from work about 10 hours later to discover that he had pushed the screws out of the melamine and made enough of a gap in the boards to get out. Now, his lights were off but his ceramic heater I had left on. In spite of having a perfectly good basking spot Bender decided to go sleep on the cold concrete next to my hot water heater. I put him in a warm bath and let him heat up a little. Needless to say I reinforced a couple areas of his enclosure today with some metal brackets. When I returned him to it he made a beeline for the spot he had escaped from before. Love this little guy and I am quite impressed with his intelligence. So, what did y'all learn today?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980