• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Too Smart for Their Own Good

tresh

I swear, sometimes tegus are too smart for their own good.

This morning, my big guy affectionately called 'Derp' decided to claim something that belongs to the cat. Now, him and the cat have a love hate relationship. She loves his heating pad. He tries to eat her tail. She drinks out of his waterdish. He steals her food. They aren't aggressive, they're just fussy at each other.

Now, the cat has a scratching pad that is her favorite thing. She sleeps on this thing. She rolls all over it. Up until this morning, Derp has never show an interest in it.

She was sleeping on his heating pad, in his special bed.

So I swear, he walked over, walked across her scratching pad, and did his business all over her scratching pad. Big stinky pile of tegu crap, that he dragged across it with his tail.

Ruined it.

I would swear that he did it on purpose.

Tegus...they're too smart sometimes. They're just like dogs sometimes...fully capable of getting revenge on their owners, lol.

Ill second that, they are very smart. I believe the Tegu is the most intelligent species of monitor. Not positive they are for sure at the top of their class.

Dubya

1,000+ Post Club
dragonkeeperblue said:
Ill second that, they are very smart. I believe the Tegu is the most intelligent species of monitor. Not positive they are for sure at the top of their class.

Yes, your tegu is so smart that he tricked you into thinking he is a monitor.

chitodadon

1,000+ Post Club
Lol crazy he said u want my stuff I destroy yours haha now who's boss

from Samsung Galaxy S3

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980