• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

trees, plants, ect

TEGU_JAKE

5 Year Member
i am making an 8x8x6 cage in my backyard for my tegu and was wondering if i could put a tree and some plants in their for him so he can climb them or stay under there to cool off

what would be good stuff like that to use???

thanks

TehPenguin

5 Year Member
I wouldn't trust the tree. I'd be scared he'd climb and be too scared to come down and fall of or something of the sorts. There not much into climbing anyhow. Plants would be nice too look at, as long as he wouldn't rip them up or eat them.

TEGU_JAKE

5 Year Member
ok do you think if i had sometihng that would cover the one side of his cage that would be alright l

GOT_TEGUS

5 Year Member
I plant pampas grass in my outside cages native Argentine plant. also when dryed is great nesting substrate
JD

FoxxCola

5 Year Member
I personally love ferns..

Blechnum chilense
blechbras1.jpg

Native to Chili and Argentina.
If you are going to plant ferns, I would suggest starting with a medium or large sized one though. Otherwise, your tegu will probably dig it up and make a mess of it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu