• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Ty's Next enclosure

J.LRegius

5 Year Member
Ty is a 2foot long argentine black and white tegu. I was just wondering what should the dimensions be, since my parents will not jump to an 8/6ft tank yet. I already have the lighting/heating/UVA/UVB, substrate, hide, waterdish sorted out.

Jer723

5 Year Member
what about a 6x3x2? that should hold him quite nicely but i would try to get your parents to change their mind because these animals do grow rapidly and unless you have other reptiles it would be a waste of your money to spend building a tank that will only be used for a couple months.

omgtaylorg

5 Year Member
Yea the 6x3x2-3 would be perfect for now, but it will not last very long at all if your tegu is anything like my smaller one...he is shedding 1-2 times a week it seems and hasnt stopped growing since he came out of hibernation which means you will need that 8x4x3 or 7x3-4x3 very very soon. Almost a waste of money to build a 6x3 then an 8x4 a few months later, or less.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu