• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

unusualy behavior from my spider ball.

frost

1,000+ Post Club
i have had my spider ball python for at least a month now. and just today she is being extremely aggressive. at first i thought she was just hungry but even after she is still lunging at my face every time i open the cage.

any ideas on what might be the problem?

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
It's typical just like any other animal they have off days where they don't want to be bothered and or different personalities all together. Most Bps are docile and or grow out of being nippy but not all do. For some it doesn't matter if you feed them in the enclosure or not. I scent the room before feeding so they know when it's coming. But I still had one that took a shot a me practically ever chance he got inside the enclosure but was fine out.

He never got me but that's only because I was more mindful and expected it from him.

frost

1,000+ Post Club
my temps are normal, and yes i feed in the cage if i take them out they wont eat. im thinking it was just an off day for her. she seems more mellow today. just really caught me by surprise i just missed getting bit in the face haha.

Ddilon

yea I think you should feed in another tank, it may take a little time for them 2 eat but will help in the long run.

frost

1,000+ Post Club
it could be. i think iv read somewhere that their head wobble causes them to have more aggression.or just the gene. what made it a bit more weird was that after she was striking i tried to feed her and she was still striking at me lol. but after she stopped trying to eat me she finally ate the mouse.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029