• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

va python and boa ban SB477 and HB1242

they are going to vote on it very soon ive heard around here the pet store i go to is freaking out because if this passes they will go out of buisness

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
This bill is just for Virginia, but if it passes I'm sure many states will follow.

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
There are a lot of states that are already writing their own bills. Get the info here:
http://www.usark.org/statelaws.php

dragonmetalhead

1,000+ Post Club
I'm glad California is pretty liberal when it comes to reptiles, and since I don't live within the city limits of Los Angeles I don't need any wild animal permits. Still, I hope all this Python Ban hoopla doesn't bring the entire herp world to a halt.

Dana C

monstruo-the-tegu said:
they are going to vote on it very soon ive heard around here the pet store i go to is freaking out because if this passes they will go out of buisness

I doubt seriously if a well run Pet Store will go out of business unless Boa's and Pythons are the only animals they sell. However, anyone who has ever considered buying a boa or python needs to bite the bullet and get
it now.

The last time I looked, the petition drive was not doing well. A couple of weeks ago they only had a little over 3,000 signatures, far short of the 25,000 needed to get any attention from the White House on the national ban. Sadly, it seems that most reptile lovers feel that they can't be bothered until it is too late.:mad:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029