• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Waiting 20 months for tegus from Bobby

Libor

5 Year Member
My name is Libor Martinek (Czech republic - EUROPE) and I am waiting for my paid tegus from BOBBY HILL (VARNYARD) for second season - 2years.
In 2011 I send 2350,-$ to Mr.Bobby Hill. You can say "He has to be foolish to wait for so long time". But I was so excited and happy to buy tegus from so known and respected breeder - Bobby Hill. I emailed him many times. His several answers where the same: Still waiting for CITES papers from goverment. And I trusted him.....I built terarium, spend money for heating lamps, heating rocks, UV lamps......
I left many messages on his answering machine. I was lucky to got him on the phone twice. The result was - "Still waiting for papers, my exporter left with my money, but i have new one"...this was in August 2012. Then I started to read forums and I learned that he lied me, he fooled me.

Now he does not pick up the phone, no answer for emails.
Can somebody wake me up from this bad dream?
Do you think I can get my money back?
Does anybody know about him?

Thank you
Libor Martinek
Tel.001420724045930
[email protected]

Jeremyxb12

5 Year Member
Im sorry to say this but he isnt going to give your tegu. currently right now he is under investigation from our government and such. If you want to file a claim (not sure if you can from where you are living) then go for it there are a few threads that cover this and someone will help you out on here

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Some received tegus this year and some didn't so there's still a chance that you'll get yours,... or not. But there are plenty of threads on here about the issue. Use the search engine to find and read the threads then decide what you want to do. Some people have gotten their money back and others haven't but the info for how and what was done, is in those threads on here and other sites.

Libor

5 Year Member
O.K. I have to dig more. Did not find anything how to get my money back so far. Maybe I just did not notice.
Thank you
Libor

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I can't give you any advice about how to get your money back and no one knows exactly what happened. In the past, Bobby was very trustworthy. Many of his customers who have not received tegus are filing an IC3 complaint for Internet Fraud. I saw that also posted on fauna.

Steven.

Sigh.. He was one the best breeders. He still might be one of the best breeders in america, but this year with the amount of hate he has developed, i think he gonna have a very hard time building his rep up again. I personally have switched breeders and have got excellent customer service and a great friend in the process.

the_cw

I will make sure to never recommend him. He still hasn't refunded my money and, to be honest, I believe he has never shipped out a single Black and White this year.

I'm very happy with a Gu from Laura and am glad to have switched. :D

TeguBlake

File an IC3, as soon as he got a letter from the police Telling them that i have called and told my police, and his police what he has done. and i had full prof, had all recoreds and that they were gona come to his house for the money. he picked up the phone and called me with a tracking number.... To bad my little guy can with his back legs not working. To bad bobby is dumb, and thought he won. my tegu was saved my a nice loyal local vet, calcium shots and some resting in the vet did my little girl good. Bobby used to be a great guy, But everything good has to fall eventualy, just how the world works... and my little girl is finr now, and has allways ate good. very pleased at her progress...

Libor

5 Year Member
Question on exporter: On export CITES

The breeder of tegus should be listed on export CITES permit if he want to send them to abroad. So I asked U.S.Fish and Wildlife service whether Bobby Hill or Varnyard Herp Inc. ever applied for such permit(According him the waiting for CITES permit was only reason why he never send animals). Here is their reply :

We have no pending permit applications nor have we issued any permits to Mr. Hill or Varnyard Herps in the past 5 years.

Mike Carpenter, Senior Biologist
U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
Division of Management Authority
Branch of Permits

"E" <[email protected]>
10/31/2012 10:26 AM
To: <[email protected]>
cc:
Subject: RE: Is it deception ?

Dear Mr. Michael Carpenter,

thank you for your offer.
Company name is Varnyard Herps Inc., the owner is Bobby Hill http://www.varnyard-herps-inc.com/ from Panama City, Florida 32405

He is still saying the same : „I am waiting for export CITES permit“

Thank you for your help

Sincerely
Libor Martinek
Czech republic
Tel.001 420 724045930

From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of [email protected]
Sent: Wednesday, June 06, 2012 1:00 PM
To: E
Subject: Re: Is it deception ?

This is not correct. Currently the issuance of an export permit takes between 30 and 60 days usually less. If you provide the name of the company, we can let you know if we have an application pending. Note that the processing fee for such a permit is $100 and that fee is required with the application.

"E" <[email protected]>
06/06/2012 05:45 AM
To: <[email protected]>
cc:
Subject: Is it deception ?

Dear Sir, Madam,

a year ago (march 2011) I ordered animals ( black and white tegu Tupinambis merianae from South America ) from USbreeder.
This species is listed on CITES Appendix II B,
Almost 12 month Iam being told that it is regular waiting time, that to obtain the export permit takes so long.
(On your application form I have red that some applications may take longer than 90 days to process.)

May I ask you whether is this regular process, and how long it usually takes ?

Thank you very much for your answer.

Yours sincerely
Libor Martinek
Czech republic

That mens that the fraud was planed for long time...at least for 2 years.

TeguBlake

Steven. said:
Wow..

sent from my phone to your eyes

i know, that story blows my mind, its unreal how the good can go bad.

But yeah Libor, just make an Ic3 complaint, and contact your police and his. as i mention above

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
Oh my god! Thousands paid and still nothing.I guess I should feel lucky only losing 150... so sorry for all this loss!!!!

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Tapatalk 2

Steven.

Re: RE: Waiting 20 months for tegus from Bobby

TeguBlake said:
Steven. said:
Wow..

i know, that story blows my mind, its unreal how the good can go bad.

You couldn't have said it any better my friend

ajake

I want to know if Bobby has refunded anyone??? I dont want a tegu from him anymore, its the end of breeding season, I want my money!

BatGirl1

1,000+ Post Club
I have no tegu and no money...i think a couple of people got tegus with problems and not sure about refunds...

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Tapatalk 2

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu