• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Waking up tegus for food or handling?

Mr. Jiffy

I know this seems like a simple question but its something Ive wondered for a while. If I wake them up will I interrupt a sleeping schedule or should I just go according to their schedule? I don't want to agitate them by waking them up all the time but sometimes I don't see them for 2-3 days and I want them to be healthy and spend some quality time with them. It's not too cold for them so I don't see that as an issue, and they do wake up on their own every couple days so I don't think its brumation.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    610.5 KB · Views: 135

Jackie & Hellboy

One of those looks to be a red tegu and the other a Colombian, do you keep them in the same cage? He may be the reason you think your Colombian is a fruit eater because red tegu's love fruit ;)

Jackie & Hellboy

My tegu's sometimes wake up and come barreling out at me when they hear the ziplock I defrost the chicks/rats in and they'll be burried up and not come out when I tap my hand on the soil of their cages and call to them with my voice haha stubborn jerks :(

Mr. Jiffy

No they both have a 4x2x2 enclosure. But they don't have a problem with each other so I let them roam around together, its easier that way. This is a picture of them in my bathroom together, though I individually feed them by hand.

Jackie & Hellboy

Oh ok that's cool! I thought you may have bought a red tegu on a nice deal being labeled Colombian haha! That is a very good looking Colombian btw how big are they?

Mr. Jiffy

My columbian is 22in and my red is 14in because of the lost tail. Their abdomends are pretty close to the same weight though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu