• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Walgreens Reptile Fogger

RobK.

Made from a Walgreens Compact Humidifier @ 24.99 plus plastic pipe . :)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yutxB1F2COg[/youtube]

RobK.

100_0030.jpg

100_0029.jpg

RobK.

thomasjg23 said:
Looks awesome would work great for me since i use a wood burning stove to heat the house

I hear ya , i moved from California to N.Utah and the winters can be real dry , all the moisture is frozen and on the ground and very little in the air . I had to get a humidifier for our home . Right now its 98% outside and only 34 or less inside. If i don't drink tons of water my lips crack . My Rhino has better living conditions than i do !! LOL Humidity 65%. 82 f right now in her cage and a place to sunbath at 105 all day long .:D

RobK.

Draco D Tegu said:
RobK. said:

Is that a roll of tape on the end of that pipe?

Its a treaded plastic pipe coupling used to connect two peaces of plastic pipe , I put the pipe in it tightened , so the o-ring is light on the pipe then cut it off . I will post a close up photo asap .

here you go !

bottom view of coupling where its cut off .

IMG_4948.jpg

Just encase i use this somewhere else i wanted this adapter i made to come off and not be glued on . so i went with one that has a rubber o-ring and slips off . It was $4.00 at Home-depot but 3.00 at our Local Cal Ranch store across the street .

IMG_4944.jpg

hangtown530

It essentially a dielectric union just like in metal pipe plumbing...I wonder if they still call it that when it comes to PVC piping? Very cool and a lot cheaper than say a repti fogger. My Russet Rhino should be getting here sometime next week or the week after from Robert Ehrig. I can't wait!!!

Thanks for all of your sharing RobK...

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Do you think the humidifier puts out enough humidity to work on 2 cages? I was thinking of making one of these to use on my Rhino and my Tegu's cages. I would just put a T in the pipe to run it into both cages.

RobK.

james.w said:
Do you think the humidifier puts out enough humidity to work on 2 cages? I was thinking of making one of these to use on my Rhino and my Tegu's cages. I would just put a T in the pipe to run it into both cages.

They do have a bigger version at Walgreens for 39.99 and that might work for two cages . It also holds a lot more water , 1.2 gallons . I don't think you will get enough humility with the small one unless you run it full bore or to just to bump it up a little . My cage is 3'x8' . Its very dry in my house with the heater on . The small one keeps the cage at around 40 - 65 % +/- and thats with a timer going on for 30 minutes , then off for 30 min . Its at 40 +/- at the end of that hour . I read one article that they( Rhino's ) only need 20% but that sure doesn't make sense being they come from humid climate , every place else says anywhere from 50 -90% .

http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/walgreens-cool-mist-humidifier/ID=prod6017795-product?V=G&ext=nt_Nextag_Health_and_Well-Being&CAID=4ed8943c-3f49-439f-a34a-28b4af046889

I just check my cage after the humidifier went off and its 67% and 86 deg on the floor next to my Rhino's hide box where she's sleeping , That's with all the lights off at 9 pm .

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Thanks, I'll check out what they have and see if I need 2 of the smaller ones or if the big one would work for both.

slideaboot

5 Year Member
Hey Rob--

How's this homemade fogger working out? I'm thinking about making one for this new cage we're building. What do you think about putting a splitter on there and running it to two different cages?

RobK.

slideaboot said:
Hey Rob--

How's this homemade fogger working out? I'm thinking about making one for this new cage we're building. What do you think about putting a splitter on there and running it to two different cages?

Mine is working fine . I have mine going 1/2 on 1/2 hour off except at night then 1/2 on 1 hour off and it keeps it at 75-80 % .During the day it drops to 40-55% as it does where Rhino's come from . I also cover the top of the cage with towel to hold in the humidity . This the easiest adapter for the fogger . I got the clear hose and fittings at Lowes

http://i365.photobucket.com/albums/oo96/Rkempton/My%20new%20rhino%20iguna/IMG_4967.jpg

RobK.

slideaboot said:
Hey Rob--

If you end buying a humidifier like mine , pm me your address and i will send you ( for free ) everything but the peace on the left , that comes with the humidifier .I have a extra adapter shown below . Then all you need to do is heat the clear tubing and slip it on your peace , when it cools it shrinks and is very very tight . One'' MIGHT'' work for both but you will need to crank it up and go refill the bottle a lot unless you talking about small cages or you live where its some what humid already . WHAT DO YOU THINK JAMES , Would one work for both ??

IMG_4967.jpg

teguboy77

5 Year Member
Awsome idea,my cage stays at 55% humidity which my rhino's do fine with but if i was in need of humidity i would use your awsome idea.Rhino's come from rocky and dry areas. They are infrequently found in trees or in forested areas from what i 've read but i guess alittle extra humidity can't hurt.:)

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
If it is really dry where you live, you will probably need one for each cage.

RobK.

teguboy77 said:
Awsome idea,my cage stays at 55% humidity which my rhino's do fine with but if i was in need of humidity i would use your awsome idea.Rhino's come from rocky and dry areas. They are infrequently found in trees or in forested areas from what i 've read but i guess alittle extra humidity can't hurt.:)

I have mine at 75-80 at night 45 +/- mid day and into the the evening , then it goes back up , like where their from , its in the high 80- 90 after a rain which they get a lot . right now ( 7 11 pm my time ) its 89 % there , and i see it in the 40 ,s all the time . Not sure if it matters ,.but i try to match were they are from . I am a little OCD that way !!! :rolleyes:

http://weather.yahoo.com/dominican-republic/distrito-nacional/santo-domingo-76456/

teguboy77

5 Year Member
Alot of rain but during certain times of the year but otherwise dry living conditions in the wild,but again alittle humidity cant hurt plus awsome idea too.Hey you might have OCD but you seem to take great care of your rhino:)

Darn pretty high humidity,but in nj its 97% humidity lol,Also i'm not going to use the repti cal with D3 anymore,i'm going to start using the repti cal regular calcium i had a brand new one with my other extra reptile stuff 15 light domes,extra light,extra uvb bulbs,dishes,etc lol.Oh and i found my reciept for my solar glo so i;m taking it back tomorrow sweet.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980