• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

WANTED: Male Argentinian B+W Tegu

larissalurid

Looking for a male, preferably young. I have a nice large tank all ready and own other reptiles as well as many different exotic pets so i am an experienced owner.

got10

larissalurid said:
Looking for a male, preferably young. I have a nice large tank all ready and own other reptiles as well as many different exotic pets so i am an experienced owner.

Gu's are whole different ball game , you'll see. TRy craigslist . Plenty of people get rid of them when they realize its no longer a few crickets in a cage type animal . IT is like have a dog with scales. No for real.

larissalurid

I actually ended up reserving one from Bobby Hill. I have experience with many types of animals and own ones that can be dangerous and aren't domesticated that require special care also such as my kinkajou so I feel that I can handle a tegu. I've been researching for quite a while and feel I can give them the proper care. I understand they need a lot of attention and taming and that they can be aggressive, but as I said I've dealt with other aggressive animals before and have even tamed ones that were checked out by some people I know from a local zoo and they were amazed to see how well mannered my animals were, where with some they said it was the only specimen that have ever encountered that wasnt completely vicious. I also have macaws so i know that when something gets unhappy and bites they have the potential to really hurt. Macaws can crush bone and take chunks of skin, even reports of them killing dogs. My green-wing ripped all the metal bars off the door of his cage, we welded them back on and he broke them off again so he doesnt even have a door anymore at my parents house. lol. I am around all the time as well and feel that i can give a lot of attention, offer a good diet, and make sure the tank is always comfortably warm and humid enough. if i didnt think i could handle one i wouldnt get him but i really think that i am qualified. If there are any tips that most people don't know or anything negative not usually said about them I would love input about that though. I'm always looking to learn more.
got10 said:
larissalurid said:

Gu's are whole different ball game , you'll see. TRy craigslist . Plenty of people get rid of them when they realize its no longer a few crickets in a cage type animal . IT is like have a dog with scales. No for real.

As I said in my other post I reserved one from Varnyard, i tried looking around but id also rather raise one to make sure its tamed well. I am looking for a companion, not a lizard i can just throw some crickets in the cage for and leave. I want one I can spend all day with and have out all the time. I already have a leopard gecko and Merauke BTS, and those are some of the easiest animals i've ever cared for.

thenikkix3

larissalurid said:

Where are you located? There's quite a few online places you can order them from - and depending on the area pet stores too.. I called EVERYWHERE til I finally found mine.

larissalurid

thenikkix3 said:
larissalurid said:

Where are you located? There's quite a few online places you can order them from - and depending on the area pet stores too.. I called EVERYWHERE til I finally found mine.

I saw some places online, but I ended up going with Varnyard since I've heard they are the best.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029