• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Was thinking of selling Bosco but...

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
So like everyone I’m sure, I have been busy at work. Lots of overtime put in and for the last few weekend (well my days off) I have been doing odd jobs on the side. For the last month I have been leaving early and coming home late. Now Darwin the caiman lizard does not mind this, he’ll wake up when the lights go on and he is up as long as the lights are on. So I get to see Darwin almost everyday. Bosco on the other hand I never get to see anymore. He sleeps in and goes down when the sun goes down. Browsing kingsnake and fauna lately have me seeing how in demand adult blue tegus are and they seem to be going for high prices. Over the last month I was thinking, well I don’t get to enjoy Bosco that much maybe I should see what price he could go for. Luckily my busy job prevented me from evening put out feelers.

Well the last few days I have been off of work and spent them at home. I slept in till 8 and went down to the reptile room. Darwin was at the glass ready for his morning bask and I was happy to see Bosco was up (I am normally out of the house by 7). I put Darwin out to bask for a few minutes then went back to get Bosco. I opened the glass expecting him to bolt out with the first taste of freedom in a month. Nope he came out slowly and tried to climb up my leg (his not a good climber). I picked him up and just kind of held him for a second. I put on his harness and leashed him up outside to get some fresh air and sun. Two seconds after being outside he is scratching at the door to come in. I think alright, and open up the screen door. He comes in follows me to the couch and crawls up the couch and into my lap. I kid you not he crawls up into my lap, lets out a deep sigh and falls asleep.

Now I try not the think of reptiles as too emotional, but the deck outside was perfect basking temp, the tile on the ground was also warming up in the sun, my lap was blue jeans that were in the cold draft all night that I had just put on. So its hard to think he wanted to be in my lap for the warmth of it. I just sat there with him in my lap for a good half hour, I got up to get some water and he went outside to bask.

Almost a whole month of no interaction (except when I when peek in on him to make sure he was ok, food and water would be gone so I figured he was alright) and today its like nothing has changed.

After that I don’t think I could even think of selling him. 6 years together is a long time and even if the money is tempting I don’t think I could give him up. Just thinking about it now has me all upset about the thought of not seeing him again.

Sorry for the random story but I just needed to get this out there I guess.

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
that's awesome, after 6 yrs. he says he ain't going anywhere lol, he looks awesome too

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
After six years even my mom ask after him, she has also tegu sat before. She was shocked that I even thought of selling him. He is really part of the family and it would be a major life change before I got rid of him.

DoctorPepper4

5 Year Member
chelvis said:
After six years even my mom ask after him, she has also tegu sat before. She was shocked that I even thought of selling him. He is really part of the family and it would be a major life change before I got rid of him.

if you ever want to trade him for my caiman lizard let me know..im willing to trade...i love Rowley to death but he is so much more difficult to care for i have to drive 2 hours to get him snails and its killing me....and plus i know you can care for him...

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
lol no more caiman lizards, I love my guy but I think he will be my only caiman lizard at this point. Bosco is kind of like a good cat, he wants attention when I want to give it too him but can be left alone and its no big deal.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu