• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Weight to Length

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
What is a healthy weight to length ratio? At the vet, my AA weighs 9.3 lbs and is around 44" long. Is this a good size? He is a week shy of 14 months old.

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I think guru is about the same weight. I know hes heavier than a gallon of milk. Hes also a 2010 but hes a black and white. I havent gotten a recent measurement but last time he was a tad over 3 1/2 feet. If yours hasnt been eating a ton it can be lighter than one who eats all the time. I think rango outweighs my other guys lol. Im planning to get a weight on guru tomorrow ill post it after i get it done.

Kebechet

Link is 37 or 38 inches, and only about 5-6lbs last I checked. I get the feeling he won't get much heavier until next spring/summer when he has another growth spurt.

babyyitslove

Big momma looks like she swallowed a football =\ I wonder if I should make her exercise more or just let her keep packing on the pounds for hibernation.

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I don't know if there really is one since they're suppose to gain fat to hibernate. If they don't hibernate then there's not much of a reason to let them gain much or be fat. Since depending on how they're kept there's very few ways they'll use or burn it off. Too much weight affects just about everything even breeding just like not enough weight.

For me,.. a thick or fat tail is good, fat tummy bad. It's a sign that their fat is being stored in other areas. As a reserve their tail can only hold so much. But hopefully someone who has actually bred and or hibernated theirs on a regular basis will chime in on how much they change going in and coming out of it.

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I havnt gotten a weight for storm but I would imagine he is about the same if not more, he is also about 44", he has seemed to loose some of his girth as he got longer, but he is much heavier than rayne who appears to be the same length and size

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980