• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

what cross my tegu is ??

cabral

5 Year Member
hy, some people told me my tegu is a cross

if thats the case , can anyone tell me which exact coss is he , or at least tell me what cross u think it is

thanks to all of you

IMG_5339achicada.JPG

IMG_5335%20achicada.JPG

IMG_5345achicada.JPG

IMG_5348achicada.JPG

plz tell me what cross or hybrid type it is , and if its not a cross also

thanks

Beasty

5 Year Member
Not one tiny bit of blue in there at all, I'd bet money on it and I bet on nothing ever. My bet is that it's a red x black and white from Agama International. They typically have the brownish/chocolate coloration like this one. You can go to kingsnake.com and see what they have available right now and they look very similar.
Also, it has not one single common blue trait. There is no "teardrop" no large black block down the side above the front leg. No pronounced white on it's sides. The entire top of the head seems darker, like some dark normals I've seen.
Dig through the threads here and you'll see what other crosses look like.

What did you pay for it and where'd it come from?

cabral

5 Year Member
i bought him from a local breeder
I LIVE IN URUGUAY
he is one of the few BREEDERS in my country that do not go after wild tegus (because in uruguay we have tupinambis merianae)
and i bought him for 800 uruguayan pesos ... what would be mmmm 35 us$ dollars

Richard21

5 Year Member
Too me he looks like a normal arg. Take pics after shed then we will be able to tell. But no Blue at all.

Beasty

5 Year Member
That would be awesome to have tegus in your back yard!
See any really big ones?
Photos of some in the wild would rock! Can you take some and post them?
(IF you can happen to catch some on camera)

cabral

5 Year Member
i may have some luck in summer ..... i saw many big ones in the country side but not even 1 in the city ... its really nice in summer , i ussually go to the country side and see big ones , medium size ones and hatchlings ..... i also love taking pictures so i will try to catch some in my camera for you guys, jaajaja

GOT_TEGUS

5 Year Member
tupinambis merianae /rufescens hybrid. Ive seen blue/red hybrids with and without the tear drop markings that is common in blues.

All_American

5 Year Member
I think he has labador and b/w tegu mixed in there... LOL

No, really. He just looks like a black and white to me.

cabral

5 Year Member
HAHA IM SO CONFUSED , but i really dont care
he is my tegu and nothing wont change him lol,,,, i was just curious and i need to know where to put my tegu posts

All_American

5 Year Member
Just put your ??? In the black and white forum will be fine.

You have a good attitude about it, that's a great trait for an animal care taker to have.
Cudos to you

GOT_TEGUS

5 Year Member
All_American said:
Just put your ??? In the black and white forum will be fine.

You have a good attitude about it, that's a great trait for an animal care taker to have.
Cudos to you

I agree with All_American Its a good lookin tupinambis its a Tegu lol

Toby_H

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Unless you know for sure what cross it is I would suggest against speculating... It's better to admit you don't know than be wrong with conviction...

When talking to friends, I would simply refer to it as an Argentinean Tegu... on the forum I would post in the B&W Section...

As mentioned, Kudos on the good attitude :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980