• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

what is bare minimum for 2 tegus?

Jer723

5 Year Member
hi guys i have a baby red tegu and i want to get an argebtine b+w. (baby) what size tank minimum would be good for now and what would be bare minimum for full grown, thanks a bunch, please respond!

Jerry

Dom3rd

5 Year Member
this is just my guess but everyone is probably going to say not to house them together due to bein different tegus

Jer723

5 Year Member
yea, but doesnt bobby house reds and b+ws together, and it doesnt matter because theyre the same size and you have to keep an eye on them? and there are a few people on here who successfully house 2 gus together.

carcharios

5 Year Member
I had the same question. I have two tegus - one is much smaller right now than my newly adopted female, but when both get similiar in size, I also wanted to house them together in one cage. Both are Argentine Black and Whites. Anyway, I also want to know what the minimum size for their cage should be. I was thinking about 6 1/2 x 3 1/2 x 2 1/2 but I don't know for sure.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Jer723 said:
yea, but doesnt bobby house reds and b+ws together, and it doesnt matter because theyre the same size and you have to keep an eye on them? and there are a few people on here who successfully house 2 gus together.

True, I do, and yes they get along fine.

As for the cage size for two of them, I would not have a cage less than 8x4.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu