• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

What is this???

Jer723

5 Year Member
i have never seen anything like this before! what kind of tegus are these are they really argentine B+W? theres an add on kingsnake, just look at the photos! woah

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?cat=53&de=678859" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?cat=53&de=678859</a><!-- m -->

omgtaylorg

5 Year Member
Yes, DEFF argentines, their skin is just simply stained due to the sand from hibernating...once they shed for the first time they will go back to normal color...heres an example of my girl after hibernation, note the orange

P1000351.jpg

i0r

5 Year Member
Jer723 said:
either way that looks really cool. how come they cant look like that year round! lol

You give your tegu a moist burrow with dirt and compost and he'll look like that. It's just dirt.
My big girl is like that almost all the time. Except between sheds. Fresh color lasts like a week or 2 :p
I can't bathe her to clean her up either....skin's all impregnated with dirt.

Jer723

5 Year Member
can you show me some pics of her or send me to a thred with pics of your tegus im sure theyre beautiful!

i0r

5 Year Member
Here you can see the difference during a shed. She's not as dark as the ones you shown us. But well as dirty :p

Open pic 015 and compare fresh and dirty scales of her head

Attachments

• Juancha 2008-11-04 015.jpg
    514 bytes · Views: 2
  • Juancha 2008-11-06 002.jpg
    514 bytes · Views: 1

i0r

5 Year Member
Cheers!
They all are beautiful :p

Nemo: As requested.

It's really not so much of a setup....just a Tegu converted dog pen :-D

Attachments

• Juancha 2008-10-29 007.jpg
    514 bytes · Views: 3
  • Juancha 2008-10-29 008.jpg
    514 bytes · Views: 3

FoxxCola

5 Year Member
Dog pen or not, it still looks awesome :p I would love to make something like that! I live in Canada though, soit could only be used like 6 months out of the year lol.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029