• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

What kind of tegu do you think this is?

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
2814r9f.jpg

Please post what you think it might be. I know its not a black and white lol. The red on the neck and leg is scaring.

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
That one was taken outdoors. Heres what looks to be an indoor one (a bath tub)
2yyxf8w.jpg

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
It's on Fauna as a Red x Blue right,.. the close up pic on the fauna add shows it's color better. Plus you can see the pattern on it's legs,. it's a hybrid.

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Bubblz Calhoun said:
It's on Fauna as a Red x Blue right,.. the close up pic on the fauna add shows it's color better. Plus you can see the pattern on it's legs,. it's a hybrid.

He is on fauna, I first found him on a facebook page lol then stumbled upon him on fauna. I'm not familiar with blues, I could only see red in him. I only have b/w's and have never seen a blue in person. I was curious to see if you guys think that he truly has blue in him. For that price I was curious as to how much blue he shows vs how much red he shows.

Would the pattern on his legs be more of a blue trait? (Forgive me I'm a blue n00b.)

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I don't know if it's going into a shed, coming out of one or if that's just the way he is. But his mid section where the lighter coloring is looks like a blue a swell as the two black bars on his side. Some times they're separated but most of the time it's just one black bar, which is one characteristic of blues, the tear drop is there but not as prominent.

The shape of the head is like a Red, Blues are usually a little shorter and rounder but that varies. Then there's the legs B & W and Blues legs are usually black with white spots. Reds are black with red and white spots. When you put them together Reds add extra speckles between the usual black and white spots.

With all the hybrids I've seen that have Red in them,.. the legs are usually crazy speckled,.. even AAs. Sometimes the tail too,. but I notice the legs first.

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I see. He does have the bar thing going on on the shoulders, I can see that. I didn't know it was more of a blue trait. The red (to me) seemed a lot more obvious in the pictures on fauna but the first picture I posted showed a difference in coloring. The sides were another thing that threw me off.

Do you think coloring would change if he were moved into an indoor enclosure? I know some reds look a lot darker because of all the dirt and stuff when kept outside.

JohnMatthew

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Whatever it is, it looks like it's been digging around in some red clay.. Anybody else think it sort of odd how the red around the neck area seems to obstruct the GU's pattern? Definitely one I'd want to see in person or pictures of after a fresh shed.

So I guess It's not clay, I found the add on fauna..

"Some of the red/orange coloring on his back/neck is from my other male, long since healed."

rhetoricx said:
The red on the neck and leg is scaring.

Yup, time for bed now.. :)

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I thought the same thing at first. Do you see blue traits as well?

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Hes curently shedding and if all goes well hes coming to oregon wednesday!

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Looks like a redXblue to me, just has more influence from the red, now you can send me rango lol

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
reptastic said:
Looks like a redXblue to me, just has more influence from the red, now you can send me rango lol

:p Rangos been sleeping more and more lately, I'll be sad if he finally decides to sleep all winter. He's been up the last two!

I'm excited Wednesday can't come soon enough.

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Yes! I'm really wondering what he looks like in person, tons and tons of pics. You'll be asking me to STOP posting them haha

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980